Life Insurance For Undocumented/illegal Residents?

"What company will issue life insurance to an undocumented/illegal resident in California?"

Just again, I think you are taking a large risk with your license here. It doesn't matter how you feel about the politics behind illegals in the states, I would check with your OIC to make sure you can't be fined or possibly jailed.

I know that sounds silly, but we're expected to do anti money laundering watch, fraud watch and god knows how many other types of watches for criminal activity these days. I would not risk my license or a possible fine for a couple hundred bucks commission.

I don't think there's an insurance company out there that will underwrite any one with the word "illegal" attached to them. Or am I totally wrong?

There is nothing illegal about selling insurance to someone that's undocumented. In fact, the California Dept. of Insurance does not prohibit undocument residents from buying insurance or financial products. It is a decision solely left up to the insurance company. Do they have burial expenses and a need to provide for loved ones in the event of death? Don't make this out to be more than it is. He is self-employed, has a TIN, earns money and pays his taxes. It's life insurance, not money laundering.

I don't think you caught the part of the question that states the person is an illegal alien.

Nope. Saw that.

The program promoted by Bowen may or may not have been for illegals. This was 2 yrs ago. I do recall they did not need a Social.

Maybe they will write illegals, maybe not. I don't remember exactly. That is why I posted the contact info for Marc Bowen.

No worries. It just I've never known of any insurance carrier that will write "illegal or undocumented aliens" knowingly. Now that doesn't mean it hasn't been done without the carrier catching on, but again, I wouldn't put my license or my ability to shower by myself on the line. :)

WinoBlues - I too would be interested in learning more about the company you mentioned if you're willing to share.

In terms of companies willing to take applicants with TINs, anybody have a list? Interested in FE...

This is a great topic for people that work near any state bordering Mexico. I have encountered this several times, but have never acted upon the deal. It is interesting to see what posts come up.

Back