Life Insurance Mail Marketing

gregger

Expert
Just wondering if anyone has had decent success setting appointments/generating leads using snail mail marketing for life insurance.

I'm currently in the process of putting something together but I'm not sure what to do. What has worked for you? Thanks for the help!

The ave response is 1/2% to 1 1/2% right now.

That the govt is only going to give you $255 stupid mailing does the best for some reason.

What you mean I only get $255?! You mean they won't pay for the funeral and give me income for the rest of my life?!

What the hell kind of country is this?!

What you mean I only get $255?! You mean they won't pay for the funeral and give me income for the rest of my life?!

What the hell kind of country is this?!

Its a crying shame I tell you. If only I could buy something that would take care of my family. Replace my paycheck, pay off debts and pay for my funeral. They ought to come up with something that will do that. And it should be reasonably priced. You'd think someone would have thought of it by now.

Oh I should post something constructive here as well. Response and success will increase dramatically if you adopt an approach that widens the possibility of responses (e.g. e-mail address and web site). Of course, know you're target, seniors are much less likely to e-mail you, but it doesn't hurt. Just don't forget they remember sending reply cards in the mail years ago, and they still do it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Its a crying shame I tell you. If only I could buy something that would take care of my family. Replace my paycheck, pay off debts and pay for my funeral. They ought to come up with something that will do that. And it should be reasonably priced. You'd think someone would have thought of it by now.

True, but this is America, this magical solution you speak of should be free.

Last edited:
One thing I learned is if you are sending something in a envelope it is better if you hand write the address of the person sending it to you. More likely the person would look at it. Postcards are more likely to be looked at also.

Oh I should post something constructive here as well. Response and success will increase dramatically if you adopt an approach that widens the possibility of responses (e.g. e-mail address and web site). Of course, know you're target, seniors are much less likely to e-mail you, but it doesn't hurt. Just don't forget they remember sending reply cards in the mail years ago, and they still do it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

True, but this is America, this magical solution you speak of should be free.

You know, I think I heard of someone giving it away for free. Do you know anything about that? Maybe I could get me some?

One thing I learned is if you are sending something in a envelope it is better if you hand write the address of the person sending it to you. More likely the person would look at it. Postcards are more likely to be looked at also.

Don't think handwritten is better. Old wife's tale. If you send something in a security window envelope, with name and address and with only an address for the return address (no company name) they will open it.

Back