Looking for a Good Lead Source

Ive never heard of InsureMe. Do you know who's data the are reselling/brokering ?

This wouldn't by any chance be godog leads, would it?

InsureMe sells internet leads as opposed to data.

Ive never heard of InsureMe. Do you know who's data the are reselling/brokering ?

Check out NetQuote.com, InsWeb.com & of course InsureMe.com..... all part of BankRate.com, these days. They are the Big Dog in the lead aggregator insurance space.

If you'd like good customer service & advice on how to close more leads, give us a shout HERE and we'd be glad to give you an assist! :idea:

Godog...It's been a while since I used Insureme (Or is that InSureme), but. Wait. It's Insureme. No. INSUREME. Now, I don't know.

Anyhow, I thought Romney held his own and showed a little spunk. Rick looked great and Gingrich was solid. Oh. We were talking about Insureme. Or is it...

I used to be with Insureme and they weren't bad. If you're going to use them, try buying leads in a 30 mile radius from your office and slowly move out.

Can't tell you about HTQ. Obviously, widely diverse opinions on them.

Godog...It's been a while since I used Insureme (Or is that InSureme), but. Wait. It's Insureme. No. INSUREME. Now, I don't know.

Anyhow, I thought Romney held his own and showed a little spunk. Rick looked great and Gingrich was solid. Oh. We were talking about Insureme. Or is it...

I used to be with Insureme and they weren't bad. If you're going to use them, try buying leads in a 30 mile radius from your office and slowly move out.

Can't tell you about HTQ. Obviously, widely diverse opinions on them.

Ed, I agree with your review of the debate tonight:idea:

As far as leads go. I'd say we have a good handle on Auto/Home/Renters leads. With Life/Health/Med-supp, we do not have as much volume as the big guys. Plus it is tough to get Quality leads for this lead type for various reasons.

There are many challenges facing my company & agents that work leads today that we didn't see 2+ years ago. Two of them are:
1) Recycled leads: leads that were "fresh" 30 days to 12+ months ago" are being put back into the system. So they pass name/address/phone # verification but they PISS the consumer off as well as the agents. Aged leads getting put back into the system as real-time/fresh leads. This hurts the consumer experience & will make them think twice about shopping online the next time they need insurance.

2) Fraud: if there is money in it, crooks are attracted to it. A moving target that once we kill one off, they show up with a new IP address & business name.

I've talked to several members on the Forum lately about these & other problems. It costs all of us money & frustration. There are a few lead vendors like myself that are banding together to fight this problem. I'll report back when I know more. Thank you to those of you that work with us.

One way to stop it is to eliminate using affiliates to generate leads.....

Perhaps, but do you know any large company that does not use Affiliates? I don't. Would you or any agent for that matter pay 3-5 times more per lead? [check out the cost of PPC marketing & conversions] How much volume could one drive? Very, very few agents, if any would. So, that leaves us with Affiliates as a necessity...they are needed by all businesses that do much business on the internet. Even HUGE name brands like these still use affiliates.

Amazon.com still uses affiliates:

ALLSTATE Insurance does too. They will pay $6.00 for every consumer you send them IF an auto insurance quote is completed!

We have some very, very fine affiliates, some of which are regulars on this Forum. We have a few that were with us when we were above my garage back in 2004-'05. They are small in volume but they have excellent quality. We are blessed to have them. But to grow a company there is just no way to do it without affiliates. So we must & do, get better at screening leads & we value those affiliates that have been with us over time as we know we can trust them & the quality leads they generate.

Bottom line, it takes diligence & communication to make it work. I reserve the right to get smarter so if you have any ideas, please post.

I made the comment knowing that it is not viable for larger companies like yours to work without affiliates!

My company is a small life lead company, niche oriented, generate all of our leads...and charge a premium for this type of lead....it's not for everyone as many agents don't want to spend the $$ but it works for what I am doing.

Personally I would be ok with spending more money on the leads, if they were solid leads. Cost is not the only problem when purchasing leads, you also find yourself wasting alot of time chasing....

Back