Looking GL for Real Estate Business doing 1% Property Management

ShannonO

Expert
I have so far been unsuccessful in finding a carrier willing to write GL or a BOP for a real estate business that does a tiny bit of property management services on properties they do not own. I have 1 carrier willing to write a package policy but they admit they don't want the property management services and so the rate is well over $2,000.

They currently have a BOP with Hartford with a premium around $700 that has an exclusion for the property management services. They are fine with that given the small amount they do and because they contract out the onsite services. Anyone have any carrier suggestions? I have limited access to Hartford these days and would like to move this account.

Yeah, the bop carriers don't like that exposure. Mercury will do it on a bop, but I don't know if you have Mercury up in WA, or if you are appointed. There are a few carriers that will consider, but most aren't interested. Your best bet might be to email all your commercial underwriters - that's what I would do.

Good luck.

Back