Looking to Get Started on Commercial

JSM

I am a Farmers Agent (please keep the farmers rate jk to a min) and have been business for a few yrs. My DM is currently pushing me to write more Commercial as that is where the money. However one of the biggest problems i keep running into (besides rates) is that most of the leads i came up with are for people new to being business owners and in most cases ineligible to the business Farmers programs.

Long story short i am looking for carriers in California who are easy to be appointed with, has good rates and a wide array of programs.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

I thought you were not allowed to write outside business?

He wants you to write more Commercial through Farmers. Because that is how he gets paid, and pays for his nice car. You are going to have to focus on established businesses and stop calling on brand new ones. You can also expect to have a difficult time winning over the account, as they are probably already tight with their current agent.

I thought you were not allowed to write outside business?

He wants you to write more Commercial through Farmers. Because that is how he gets paid, and pays for his nice car. You are going to have to focus on established businesses and stop calling on brand new ones. You can also expect to have a difficult time winning over the account, as they are probably already tight with their current agent.
Farmers have the first right of refusal not that i can't write anything outside.

I have to start somewhere and if i can place the new business with a outside carrier. I can always put them in Farmers once they are eligible. And as you i have a hell of a time getting establish business to switch over unless there is a substantial savings involve.

and my DM is going to have to swallow my business plan, whether he likes it or not, like i said i got to start somewhere. Writing new business to Farmers once they are eligible is lot better then spinning my wheels calling establish business.

Back