Lost my AIG contract and I’m not even mad about it...

I understand the above, but it just doesn't make sense for a 20% hit at the moment.

Well put it this way. All of our agents are at 80% on AIG and 60% on Gerber. They all are completely free to write which ever they want. And I assumed they would mainly write AIG. But I noticed about a year ago that we get 5 times as many apps with Gerber than we do with AIG. In talking with the agents they do not seem to have a good experience for the most part with AIG.

But I've been at this long enough to know that your least favorite today could be your most favorite tomorrow. A few tweeks and it could flip.

I’ve heard rumors of a new guaranteed issue products hitting the market next year. I could only get the information that is not from one of our current carriers does anybody else have information on this?

I’ve heard rumors of a new guaranteed issue products hitting the market next year. I could only get the information that is not from one of our current carriers does anybody else have information on this?

Vantis sent something out recently but from memory it wasn't going to be available to the broker channel. Could be them you are hearing about.

Well put it this way. All of our agents are at 80% on AIG and 60% on Gerber. They all are completely free to write which ever they want. And I assumed they would mainly write AIG. But I noticed about a year ago that we get 5 times as many apps with Gerber than we do with AIG. In talking with the agents they do not seem to have a good experience for the most part with AIG.

But I've been at this long enough to know that your least favorite today could be your most favorite tomorrow. A few tweeks and it could flip.

Agree with that. As a rule I don't like flipping here and flipping there. I think solid agents keep their company contracts at a minimum and prefer not to be switching often. A tight system and a handful of "go to's" seems like good business. I'm too stupid and too lazy to put in the effort to front 20 companies. I have ADD... and by the way Trans sucks eggs!

Moving in a different direction next year unless I hear they are getting their act together. :realmad:

I was told it’s a carrier that offers a Medicare supplement but not somebody you would suspect that’s coming out with this new guaranteed issue products. Honestly I think it’s the rebirth of equitable under heartland.

Back