LTC for 64F

some agents want what's best for the consumer.

Bullshit.
In your world, a traditional ltc actuary is pricing insurance for the consumer’s benefit and the linked benefit LTC actuary is ripping the consumer off.

The benefits of both insurance policies are priced accordingly based upon the benefits derived by the consumer.

Why not just state you have an inherent bias towards traditional LTC policies?

they won't return the opportunity cost.

Do you return opportunity cost for your clients
they won't return the opportunity cost.
So, I assume in your sales the opportunity cost is returned somehow magically.

Some could make the case that a hybrid does return the opportunity cost when it pays out a death benefit for someone that didn't use the LTC benefits. But the reverse is not true for someone who has a ltci policy and gets nothing and loses their entire opportunity cost of what they could have invested those premiums in

again, I believe ltci is the best purchase a person can make. I'm just pointing out that you're points are not always 100% valid

Do you return opportunity cost for your clients

So, I assume in your sales the opportunity cost is returned somehow magically.

Some could make the case that a hybrid does return the opportunity cost when it pays out a death benefit for someone that didn't use the LTC benefits. But the reverse is not true for someone who has a ltci policy and gets nothing and loses their entire opportunity cost of what they could have invested those premiums in

again, I believe ltci is the best purchase a person can make. I'm just pointing out that you're points are not always 100% valid

your arguments are getting worse.

Bullshit.
In your world, a traditional ltc actuary is pricing insurance for the consumer’s benefit and the linked benefit LTC actuary is ripping the consumer off.

The benefits of both insurance policies are priced accordingly based upon the benefits derived by the consumer.

Why not just state you have an inherent bias towards traditional LTC policies?

The profit levels in hybrids are HUGE compared to traditional LTCi.
If you don't see that you're delusional.

your arguments are getting worse.

OK, I concede. I am a complete loser & you are perfect..........except 30% of the time when your clients buy a hybrid.

If true, I Guess that makes you perfect 70% of the time and a hypocrite 30% of the time. You should do the right thing and return all commissions paid on any & all hybrids in those cases. It would only be the proper thing to do.

state of residence?
health?
net worth?
annual income?

Back to the original question:
Her state of residence is SC
Her health (now) is good. She is on disability because she had surgery (over five years ago) for chiari malformation.
Her net worth is $350,000
Her annual income is $18,900.

Back to the original question:
Her state of residence is SC
Her health (now) is good. She is on disability because she had surgery (over five years ago) for chiari malformation.
Her net worth is $350,000
Her annual income is $18,900.

She is uninsurable.
She cannot qualify for long-term care insurance or a hybrid.
She doesn't have enough money to justify an "LTC Annuity".
Tell her to find a good elder law attorney.

Profit levels directly relate to comp.

Who makes more money?

100k at 8% vs 4k annually at 85% with 10%+ renewals....

Spoiler: the numbers are really close.

Profit levels are NOT directly related to commission.

Back