LTC for 64F

She is uninsurable.
She cannot qualify for long-term care insurance or a hybrid.
She doesn't have enough money to justify an "LTC Annuity".
Tell her to find a good elder law attorney.

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the reason for finding a good elder law attorney?

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance, but what's the reason for finding a good elder law attorney?

To set up an irrevocable trust to protect most of her assets in case she ever needs long-term care and needs to qualify for Medicaid.

To set up an irrevocable trust to protect most of her assets in case she ever needs long-term care and needs to qualify for Medicaid.

For who? If I recall, she has no family. Her purpose for LTC was to avoid being put in a medicaid accepting home after she exhausts her own money.

I agree with your general advice on elder Care attorney, but doubt she will want to protect her assets from medicaid merely to leave it to the state. Maybe she has some long lost relatives or charity though

For who? If I recall, she has no family. Her purpose for LTC was to avoid being put in a medicaid accepting home after she exhausts her own money.

I agree with your general advice on elder Care attorney, but doubt she will want to protect her assets from medicaid merely to leave it to the state. Maybe she has some long lost relatives or charity though

No. The purpose of the trust would be to protect some of her assets from Medicaid, should she ever need to qualify for Medicaid. Once on Medicaid, she or her representative could use the funds in the trust to pay for an aide to provide her with additional care and assistance.

Back