Making the break from Captive to Independent

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
For the last 5 years and 11 months I've worked as a callcenter rep and did very well. Since it's been a bit and a bunch of searching. I see that most or allot of FMOs are part of Integrity. What are the diffrences?

Ok, so I've been in a high volume call center. Training is not needed. Product info updates would be outside of that, I know what I am doing. That said, of the roulette wheels which is my best match?

Think about what you want One may want top commissions another may want better lead programs

Tools to scope and enroll,

Support to help with things, I mean I had an issue with a client was moving to a new state, then she had an issue with the aprt complex she was going to move to and had to change address and move date there were issues I didn't have to spend hours on the phone with

One thing I will say is make sure you are paid from carriers, I left an FMO I am vested but paid by FMO, Now I did get paid a renewal from one carrier for MA only and I am stuck now waiting for a reply from email communication is terrible and trust is low

I like my main FMO I get paid by carrier I get top commission above street on Med sup, I get great support, I don't get as much as I could get elsewhere on leads but I do get help with leads, I have great tools CSG Medicare center for scopes and enrolments

Also make sure they have a good release policy

When I first started looking into selling Medicare- I was working with benefitmall. I never followed through because I got side tracked halfway thru the AHIP training. I need training and support - any one have experience with benefit mall- is there anyone comparable or better?

Tkruger you worked for a call center that fed you dual/ lis mostly clients like candy . These clients were swayed thinking they were getting more benefits . These are the most unloyal of all clients . With most call centers if the policy goes active on the first of the month and it’s active on the 10 th you get your $75 . If they disenroll at the end of month you get no chargeback . I replace 15-20 call center sold mapd’s a month .persiste Call center persistency is terrible . I don’t believe an independent agent after Lead costs can make a living selling duals on the phone . If you want to do telesales I’d recommend med sups .

Tkruger you worked for a call center that fed you dual/ lis mostly clients like candy . These clients were swayed thinking they were getting more benefits . These are the most unloyal of all clients . With most call centers if the policy goes active on the first of the month and it’s active on the 10 th you get your $75 . If they disenroll at the end of month you get no chargeback . I replace 15-20 call center sold mapd’s a month .persiste Call center persistency is terrible . I don’t believe an independent agent after Lead costs can make a living selling duals on the phone . If you want to do telesales I’d recommend med sups .

I think anyone's selling mainly Duals puts themselves on shaky ground.

To Op: He's right though. You should sell Medigap and AEP or IEP MA.

Those are much safer bets. I do have a few Duals, and only one canceled on me... but few in like 3.

Back