MAN... This is Tough!!!

After you ask for the business just tell the people what they have to do. I dont say Ill do it all, because I cant do it all. They have to do some calling and do some canceling. Just tell the client what to do and they will do it most of the time. People like to be led. Lead them.

Here's the problem with that...

When people hear this "I can save you money" stuff, the first thing they think of is getting something inferior to what they have now.

There's no value in "saving money" unless folks understand that they'll be getting equivalent or better coverage.

That is a great point. I have an account on mint.com, and they have suggestions saying they can save me $whatnot, but whenever I start to look into it, the plan is inferior.

I agree.

I have found that if your insurance is cheaper, people don't buy your insurance and switch for two main reasons:

1. Its generally not a good time. They don't want to spend the time to switch or they might think that things are to hard. They don't want the hassle.

2. They don't see value in the product or what you are selling. Maybe you didn't sell or educate them of it very well. Sometime they also don't see the value in you as an agent and think you are not that good at what you do.

Either one of these two above objections can be easily handled and overcome.

Back