Marketing Idea

:idea:There is a local telemarketing company in town. The employees earn min wage at best. My idea is to get a couple of them that need extra income and pay them $5 per set appt, and a $20 bonus for all business written from thier leads. They could earn $200 a week and i get 40 appts. I would provide the scripts and a survey of questions to ask along with contact info. of people to call. With a little tweaking and a phone pro... it will work. Alright...any comments?:)

Great idea for you, but $5/set appt? Don't get me wrong, but my Filipino's wont even work for that. Do you really think that $200/week is fair for 40 appointments?

My 2 cents, either pony up and pay someone $8-$10/hr and then give them bonuses to keep them motivated, or hire overseas telemarketers that'll work for the $200/week and be able to afford to live off their paycheck.

One of the BIGGEST mistakes agents make, whether it's on their direct mail, internet leads, or telemarketers is being to cheap with what they're getting. Folks don't want to spend an extra $100/1000 pieces on the DM to get a better response rate or a more qualified lead, they don't want to add the extra filters or pony up for an exclusive lead, or they don't want to pay a good telemarketer what they're worth because they're trying to save a few dollars. If you want to use a telemarketer, you're better off hiring 1 good telemarketer, instead of having 3 telemarketers that are working for almost nothing.

PM or e-mail me if you want help with hiring TM's, getting a dialer seat setup or anything of the like.

:idea:There is a local telemarketing company in town. The employees earn min wage at best. My idea is to get a couple of them that need extra income and pay them $5 per set appt, and a $20 bonus for all business written from thier leads. They could earn $200 a week and i get 40 appts. I would provide the scripts and a survey of questions to ask along with contact info. of people to call. With a little tweaking and a phone pro... it will work. Alright...any comments?:)

we have used a plan almost identical for years..the main diff is we bump the per apmt every (90) days $2 based on actual presentation persistency UP TO $12 PER APMT. Paying $12 per verified, personal exclusive lead/apmt ROCKS!!! With a 22% health contract or a 100% life contract with a 9 month advance is on average 1 sales commission + bonuses. The rest is all profit!!!! No overhead, no call center, no phones.

Suggest you pay approx $20 a year for magicjack and $10 for a phone from walmart so they can plug in to their computer and have unlimited minutes. NO EXCUSES!!

Run an add on Craig's list for FREE and your phone will ring off the hook!!!

We hold the first weeks paycheck!!!!!

The get paid more the better the communicate and develop a conversation with the client. Most of the time when the client calls in to verify, they remember the callers name and some of the conversation...you will never get this from contracting a telemarketing firm, nor the personal relationship to consistently succeed.

I provide this service, at no cost for my top weekly health producer hitting $30k weekly AP approved...approx 10 applications per week.

We don't pay telemarketers for trying hard and I don't pay this 1 agent for trying hard...RESULTS TALK!!

I said it needed tweaking. As far as the pay gos, we live in a small town in W.V People would love to supplement their income. 1k to $1400 extra per month would go a long way for these people. I dont even have my ins. license yet, so I'm just starting to put together a business plan. Overseas telemarketers? Bad idea, people want to talk to someone local. But I appriciate the scrutiny. Bouncing ideas off eachother is one of the benifits to having a forum. Thanks, Mike

I'm just starting to put together a business plan. Overseas telemarketers? Bad idea, people want to talk to someone local.

So what you're saying is that you've never done this before, but you know it wont work? Knock it all you like, but I'm getting exclusive leads in real-time and talking to people who want to a licensed agent about their health insurance. Average lead cost is under $20 for a small business lead and I'm usually quoting and writing multiple families per lead. Not for nothing, but this is in the state right next to you. I'm positive that some of the folks we call don't want to talk to anyone that isn't from area, but some businesses would like help saving money on their health insurance if ANYONE gives them a call and offers to help, they're just too busy running their business to take the time to shop around.

So what you're saying is that you've never done this before, but you know it wont work? Knock it all you like, but I'm getting exclusive leads in real-time and talking to people who want to a licensed agent about their health insurance. Average lead cost is under $20 for a small business lead and I'm usually quoting and writing multiple families per lead. Not for nothing, but this is in the state right next to you. I'm positive that some of the folks we call don't want to talk to anyone that isn't from area, but some businesses would like help saving money on their health insurance if ANYONE gives them a call and offers to help, they're just too busy running their business to take the time to shop around.
Take it ez killer, I didnt say it wouldnt work. It was my idea in the first place...remember? I just know my community and know they would like to do business across town not the ocean. Besides this town thinks giving our hard earned dollars to another country sucks. My fellow townspeople (Morgantown W.V....GO MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL) could use the extra money. Ya dig. What state are you in sir?:)

Never hurts to to try. Everything has a 100% fail rate without an attempt. I've taken a similar approach. I use someone who is a telemarketer for a lawn care company. Her pay is based on appointments and sales, so she was hip to only getting payed based on QUALITY appointments.

I wouldn't recommend this as the only source of leads. I'm new to the business, but the recurring theme I see on this forum is having multiple lead resources.

B

Last edited:
Take it ez killer, I didnt say it wouldnt work. It was my idea in the first place...remember? I just know my community and know they would like to do business across town not the ocean. Besides this town thinks giving our hard earned dollars to another country sucks. My fellow townspeople (Morgantown W.V....GO MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL) could use the extra money. Ya dig. What state are you in sir?:)

Fair enough, you said "overseas telemarketers are a bad idea". What explained to you wasn't a hypothetical suggestion, it's what I've been doing for years. I'm a bit fuzzy on what makes you think you're the first person to have the idea of paying telemarketers on a per appt basis and then bonuses if the appts lead to sales, but I'll just chalk that up to a typo.
For anyone keeping notes, millions of Americans buying homes that couldn't afford hurt everyone, not just the folks over here. In fact, the country of Iceland went bankrupt as a direct result of the whole ordeal. Everyone can use extra money, but the beautiful thing is that for the price of one telemarketer stateside I can easily find 3 telemarketers with neutral accents and 2 years of outbound experience overseas. The best part about using overseas telemarketers is that it can help our economy. Because I can contact 600 business/day @ less than $10/hr I can help folks stateside save money on their health insurance AND put agents to work. Most agents starve out of the business because they can't find folks interested in speaking with them about their products; by generating quality leads at reasonable prices I help agents have money to spend where they live by helping people in the community they live. The notion that hiring overseas telemarketers must mean you're taking jobs away from Americans is a farce. I wonder if Al could get in on this one, but maybe he has the same mindset as you. What you're "fellow townspeople" are missing is that helping our friends across the ocean, they can help us. For less than $200 I can have a live person with experience on the phone call close to 1,500 businesses to ask them if they'd like to save money on their health insurance so they don't have to drop the coverage they have, only to be diagnosed with a serious condition down the road. For the same $200 I can have them call close to 2,000 seniors and ask if they're interested in final expense policies that will cover the cost of their funerals so their children wont have to. If you hire a stateside caller for a lousy $7/hr and assume that you have no phone charges because they already have a phone and an unlimited data plan, for $200 they wont usually be able to even make 500. Take note of what type of a caller you'll find stateside for $7/hour with or without bonuses vs. a Filipino being paid less than that, but earning a wage they can live comfortably on and be able to pay for their children to go to school.
Again, the thought that sending money overseas is always bad for Americans is ignorant and if it's done responsibly, then it's good for everyone involved. The businesses in VA don't seem to mind a whole lot, but that being said, they probably don't even realize they're not from the states.

Al, could we get your opinion?

Back