Maternity Coverage in Texas?

My wife got pregnant the month after they dropped maternity on her MSA.

I HIGHLY recommend MEDICAID to everyone, it is really great. If you get pregnant in Texas and have no insurance, you pay nothing. If you have insurance you pay high premiums and limited or no maternity coverage.

Medicaid all the way.

My wife got pregnant the month after they dropped maternity on her MSA.

I HIGHLY recommend MEDICAID to everyone, it is really great. If you get pregnant in Texas and have no insurance, you pay nothing. If you have insurance you pay high premiums and limited or no maternity coverage.

Medicaid all the way.
Not everyone qualifies for Medicaid ( if your income is too high, you could get turned down)

Medicare Information and Medicare supplement Insurance plans
American Seniors
www.americanseniors.com

Medicare supplement insurance website
National medicare Supplements
www.nationalmedicaresupplements.com

Last edited:
TX may be different.

In GA it doesn't matter how much, or how little you make. No insurance, pregnant . . . we got you covered. That's why the taxpayer covers the bill for half of all preggo's here.

I believe the income requirement may have been stripped.

Either way if you tell them you are illegal - everything is 100% free, so why buy insurance?

I believe the income requirement may have been stripped.

Either way if you tell them you are illegal - everything is 100% free, so why buy insurance?
Wrong .

I know first hand, as I tried to help a friend of the family just a few months ago , We first tried to get her on Medicaid, they said she made too much to qualify, and told her to apply for chips pre-natal, she did, with me assisting her with the paperwork, and they too turned her down, saying she made too much for chips pre natal as well..

Read the following

The page cannot be found

American Seniors
www.americanseniors.com

National Medicare Supplements
medicare supplemental insurance resource
Get answers about medigap plans in your state
Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes - Compare Plans Online
National Medicare Supplements
Medicare information, medicare supplement insurance plans resource, lean the new changes to medicare and medicare supplement insure. American Seniors insurance American Seniors - Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes

Last edited:
Two of my employees (before we had group benefits) both got pregnant and went on Medicaid, both told me there were no income questions.

It is possible it could have changed over time, who knows.

Two of my employees (before we had group benefits) both got pregnant and went on Medicaid, both told me there were no income questions.

It is possible it could have changed over time, who knows.
No,

The income limit has always been in place on both the Medicaid, and the CHIPS Prenatal.. In fact, you have to fax in or mail your most recent Income Tax Statement, and supporting Documents.

As for as your 2 employees, It would be impossible for them to get around the rule.. More likely they did not make above the income requirement for chips, and therefore qualified,. which is probably the case, Maybe this was early on in their employment with you, and they were able to use the previous years Income to qualify.

My only purpose in posting the truth on this subject, is that I don't want anyone reading this , who lives and works in in Texas, to lead their clients, or themselves in the wrong direction, with inaccurate information, in regards to Maternity being covered with Medicaid (with no income max,).as it is not the case.

Medicare Supplement Insurance quotes

American Seniors
www.americanseniors.com

Last edited:
Maternity's not an issue in MD anymore either. Right onto MHIP, buy up the 6 mo. pre-ex and you're in.

MHIP doesn't pay back claims but if you're not concerned about ending up in shock trauma you really don't need any coverage in MD. Get sick then get covered.

Latest posts

Back