Med Sup Cold Call Results - Bad?

I've heard that with medicare supplements, you can expect to get 3 positive responses, the equivalent of 3 leads, per 100 dials. out of 20 leads, an expectation of 1-4 sales isn't unreasonable. You'll dial 50-70 numbers per hour once you factor in that some of those calls turn into conversations. You're the appointment setter and the agent, so your conversations will be longer than a call center agent that usually transfers the lead. So it'll take you about an hour and a half to get 3 leads. So, 10 and a half hours on the phone to start seeing the conversions.

That doesn't seem too bad, honestly I only need 2 sales a week to match what I used to get paid to do 2 sales a day (there's a reason I switched to doing it on my own)

Non what so ever and I wrote almost 400 med sups last year and only made 45k gross

Wow. At least the leads were "free"

And by free, I mean 5 renewal years of comp off of 400 policies....

Those are expensive leads!!!!

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Wow. At least the leads were "free"

And by free, I mean 5 renewal years of comp off of 400 policies....

Those are expensive leads!!!!

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Tell me about it, but hey being there for 3 years at least I only have to learn to cold call, and not learn the business from scratch

Tell me about it, but hey being there for 3 years at least I only have to learn to cold call, and not learn the business from scratch

How many leads a week did you get from them to wrote that number? What kind of leads? Obviously you putting down some good numbers.

How many leads a week did you get from them to wrote that number? What kind of leads? Obviously you putting down some good numbers.

It was directly for an insurance company, we would usually only get 35 new leads a day (we'd call those 35 leads at least 200 times a day) plus Inbound, they were exclusive leads of people who went to the website requesting m gent call so the leads were pretty good, still had to sell them tho so many people want to shop >.<

It was directly for an insurance company, we would usually only get 35 new leads a day (we'd call those 35 leads at least 200 times a day) plus Inbound, they were exclusive leads of people who went to the website requesting m gent call so the leads were pretty good, still had to sell them tho so many people want to shop >.<

I assume 35 new leads for a group... not you individually.

Did you do any follow up or was it more like...if not sold on 1st call...move on?

Back