Med Supp Agents in for Major Screwing in 2011

I've been calling around but nobody knows anything. I know a screwing is coming I just don't know how deep.

If you think the current situation sounds bad try to imagine how bad it was back in the 90's when they took my 60% first year15% forever med supp commissions and turned them into the chump change we get paid now. 90% of the med supp agents got out of the business right then. If the commissions go down again there will be nobody left in the med supp business. :1arghh:

If you think the current situation sounds bad try to imagine how bad it was back in the 90's when they took my 60% first year15% forever med supp commissions and turned them into the chump change we get paid now. 90% of the med supp agents got out of the business right then. If the commissions go down again there will be nobody left in the med supp business. :1arghh:

60% and you use to able to net the premium. In other words, you could take your 60% commission out of an annual payment for a med-supp and send the company the balance.

Talk about pay now.

If you stay in this business long enough, you will see several evolutions in Med Supp commission schedules. Mostly in a downward direction.
I still have @ 125 Med Supp's that I rec 20% renewals on.
As Rick mentioned above, these old commission contracts will continue.
New business in the future??? Stay tuned....

Russ, you post these links all the time, expecting we will be able to see them, but those of us that aren't members can't see any thing but a screen to apply for BestWire membership. Do they pay you a commission for this?

No.

I didn't know you had to be a member.

Oh...the membership is free.

Well...for me it was free.

I will never link another story from them on this website. I wasn't aware you had to be a member.

I'm blessed with a free membership...commission free.

Yeah that is a very crazy dollar amount to for the membership. Wonder when they changed to free to pay? Oh well, thanks for trying.

Back