Med Supp Agents in for Major Screwing in 2011

Like was already said. "IF" commissions drop it will be on all sales after the "amendment" to your commission schedules from the company. A contract is a contract... what you are currently getting paid on is in the current contract as it stands when you have business issued... that agreement can't be changed today to change something you did last month.

The moo's of the world can screw you over just as they screw their customers. 2014 will be the real test.

Best Week has some pretty high rates. With a 50% commission maybe we could sell it instead of med supps.

Here's the story he was attempting to link to: (No membership required here:)
Insurance News - Congress Makes Final Changes to Health Care; Insurers Exploring Ramifications

I may be missing something, but I believe everything is focused on the individual major medical, small group, and large group. Medicare supplements are more along the lines of an aflac (supplement) product then a major med plan and if that's true it wouldn't be affected. Can anyone point me to an article that says one way or the other on this specifically saying Med supps either are or are not going to have to comply with this? Again, it's a supplement, not the actual health insurance.

I was thinking the word "supplement" pretty much gave it away.

I agree unless I can read something specific I would procede as mlr not applying to Medicare supplements.

Calling it an individual medical policy is a stretch. It is supplementing a medical plan.

I was thinking the word "supplement" pretty much gave it away.

I agree unless I can read something specific I would procede as mlr not applying to Medicare supplements.

Calling it an individual medical policy is a stretch. It is supplementing a medical plan.

Exactly! I have no plans to do anything but continue selling Med Supps. I have never subscribed to "the sky is falling".

Back