Med supp leads

DNC stands for Do Not Call. There is a Federal DNC list and many states including mine, Pennsylvania, have their own.

Call someone on the Federal DNC list and you can be fined $11,000.

If you have an ongoing established business relationship, i.e. premium paying policyholder, there is an inferred permission to call that person whenever you choose unless they have requested that you don't.

If you have a direct mail or survey reply that includes a name and phone number that is DNC registered, you can call that person for up to 90 days.

First of all I'll bet no one ever REALLY sits in his/her jockies/undershirt or bra/panties and actually calls clients. Al

Just a quick clarification here. Are you suggesting that some of these people might be making these calls in someone else's underwear?

Winter

My thoughts on my market...

I say my market since I am a metro area MA producer. Most metro areas have had some sort of MA plan for the past 5+ years. While supplements are still sold, MA's have had a big impact.

Mind you, when I talk about MA plans I am referring to HMO and PPO plans.

When working the MA market in a metro, it all depends on the carriers and how they structure their sales force. Some use only a captive sales force, some use captive and brokers, and then some use only brokers.

The significance of selling against a captive MA sales force is they carrier will take care of its own first. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising and lead generation in a short amount of time. Their captive sales force will get the leads, and maybe some brokers will get some overflow, but the bulk is the captive sales force.

If you are looking to sell MA plans in a metro, your best bet is to go captive (or semi captive) or find a IMO that will provide leads.

If you call a list, there are several carriers who are calling the same people. If you are mailing something out, the carriers are sending out their info, and probably 6x's more then you.

There is a carrier here in KC that has a 180,000 piece mailer scheduled for Oct 1st. That is just one of many mail drops. Another has a telemarketing staff waiting for Oct 1st. They all have seminars already lined up for the entire length of AEP and some of OEP.

It is a fierce game here in the metro. If your plan is sub-par, word gets out quick, and your competition will take full advantage of that.

My thoughts on my market...

I say my market since I am a metro area MA producer. Most metro areas have had some sort of MA plan for the past 5+ years. While supplements are still sold, MA's have had a big impact.

Mind you, when I talk about MA plans I am referring to HMO and PPO plans.

When working the MA market in a metro, it all depends on the carriers and how they structure their sales force. Some use only a captive sales force, some use captive and brokers, and then some use only brokers.

The significance of selling against a captive MA sales force is they carrier will take care of its own first. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising and lead generation in a short amount of time. Their captive sales force will get the leads, and maybe some brokers will get some overflow, but the bulk is the captive sales force.

If you are looking to sell MA plans in a metro, your best bet is to go captive (or semi captive) or find a IMO that will provide leads.

If you call a list, there are several carriers who are calling the same people. If you are mailing something out, the carriers are sending out their info, and probably 6x's more then you.

There is a carrier here in KC that has a 180,000 piece mailer scheduled for Oct 1st. That is just one of many mail drops. Another has a telemarketing staff waiting for Oct 1st. They all have seminars already lined up for the entire length of AEP and some of OEP.

It is a fierce game here in the metro. If your plan is sub-par, word gets out quick, and your competition will take full advantage of that.

Midwest,

Are there dollars to be made working the special needs and dual eligibles year round or is that too skimpy and labor intensive?

Winter

CIP is out here and went through some tough network issues, but I think they are cleared up now. There are some agents doing well with that.

Wellcare or wellpoint (forgot the name) had a duel elig plan in two counties. Agents cleaned up with that one.

Humana and Coventry are coming out with SNP plans. I do not know if they are duel plans, SNP plans or a combo of the 2. I think Humana's plan for 2008 will be a SNP for for arthritis.

Latest posts

Back