Med supp leads

Haines directory is also the CrissCross.....fullname is Haines Criss Cross.

Midwest has a good point about metro sales...those free lunches are hard to resist.

CIP is out here and went through some tough network issues, but I think they are cleared up now. There are some agents doing well with that.

Wellcare or wellpoint (forgot the name) had a duel elig plan in two counties. Agents cleaned up with that one.

Humana and Coventry are coming out with SNP plans. I do not know if they are duel plans, SNP plans or a combo of the 2. I think Humana's plan for 2008 will be a SNP for for arthritis.

Good info. Thanks.

Winter

Even though we are outgunned with the massive advertising blitz these MA co's do, it is also to our advantage.

When you call, ask if client got the advertising piece? and also ask if they got another one for another co...because you have them both! Ask if they want to see these plans/compare....and run the app't.

You can piggyback on those ads and save your advertising bucks for the slow times.

I may not have 15 years of experience selling Medicare insurance, but I can (and do) read. I read the regulations posted on the CMS website, as well as the compliance manuals of my contracted carriers. Without a doubt, there is a MAJOR difference between what is kosher selling Medigap policies and that of MA plans. I would caution everyone to look closely at those differences. The feds are! The state DOI commissioners have been a little slow enforcing the regs, but my guess is that the feds are gonna change that soon. There was a crack-down this summer, and that (IMO)was just the beginning.

The times, they are a-changin'!! For those who are continuing to market the way it has been done in the past will see the inside of an investigation sooner or later. For example: a Medigap policy can be filled out over the phone by an agent and then mailed to the client for signature and subsequent mailing, but this process is absolutely forbidden with Medicare Advantage plans.

In regard to DNC lists, those are available from the FTC and many states (not all states maintain a separate DNC list). Phone lists that are scrubbed against that list (and state lists,too) are commercially available. Additionally, there may be lists available from your contracted carrier maintained through their system. You should avail yourselves with those, too. Furthermore, you must add to that list as you call, in the event someone is not on the DNC lists, and states to you that they do not want to be called! Document your procedures and you will not have to worry about complaints that call you into review.

Lastly, software programs that can generate a call list and then scrub them against the DNC are also commercially available from $50 to several thousands. (Usually they require some hardware, such as a modem.) However, if you purchase a phone list already scrubbed, there is no need for additional software and the hardware is optional.

My take on this is, CMS would prefer an agent obtain a telephone number of a prospect (according to the rules), call them (according to the rules) and make an appointment (according to the rules).

The rules will guide you into a professional approach if you study them, as long as they are coupled with a considerate and respectful attitude.

Even though we are outgunned with the massive advertising blitz these MA co's do, it is also to our advantage.

When you call, ask if client got the advertising piece? and also ask if they got another one for another co...because you have them both! Ask if they want to see these plans/compare....and run the app't.

You can piggyback on those ads and save your advertising bucks for the slow times.
I like this line. I am, by choice, a horrible liar, so as a representative of a insurance company, I can call someone and ask with confidence; "did you receive our mailer?".

Retread is correct!

There is going to be a witch hunt this year os agent selling Medicare Advantage Plans for 2009
Obama is not keen on the way these presentations and fees we are getting and wants to change this.

I have been selling Medicare Advantage plans for two years now, and the regs and training is getting tougher.

Starting to wonder if it is worth getting fined or losing your licence over these plans.
The Med Supps are not monitors as closing nor of the rules as strict as they with the M/A'S

I'm new to selling the Medicare Advantage so - Help me understand why someone would sell a Supplement compared to the Advantage??? Here in Maryland we have several $0 premium plans that offer Part D and a whole host of other benefits...... I don't see it other than if the PCP isn't in the network...

Thanks.....

You are new.They are a whole different kettle of fish,MA are good for those who probably dont have too many issues,supps are for those who go the doctor regular have problems,want a fixed premium so as they dont have co-pays etc.Then feel good when the doc prescribes something.Then can also go to any PCP in the US that accepts Medicare

Last edited:
Help me understand why someone would sell a Supplement compared to the Advantage???

I also need help. How can an agent recommend and place a Medicare Part C plan without knowing how Medicare works and the pros and cons of a Medicare Supplement Plan?

A very important part of the certification process to sell an MA plan should should include a whole section explaining Medicare, Medicare Supplements and the pitfalls of giving up traditional Medicare and taking a Medicare Part C plan.

Health insurance for seniors is not all about the amount they pay or don't pay for the coverage they have. As agents isn't it our responsibility to help our prospects a well informed, intelligent decision, simply an emotional decision based on cost just because the commissions are high and the product is easy to get someone to take?

Quality of the health care, availability of quality health care, enabling one to have a choice of physicians and hospitals are only a few of the reasons for considering a Medicare Supplement policy.

Back