Med Supps Agents Website

Chaz perhaps instead of paying for a quote engine you could just link to a pdf with the rates for your favorite carrier. You could either create it yourself or just remove their logo so they'll have to call you to find out which carrier it is. Even when your go to carrier has different rates for the various zips at the most you probably have to link to is three pdfs.

I was once told by a carrier that posting their rates in a flyer or on a website requires their approval as well.

I'm using them both ways. I like Chris' because it has all 60 states. I have the premier plan for my state. It includes FE and MA/PDP and HI.

I thought you were asking about having a quoter on your site so people could get their own quote.
Have you found any benefit to SeniorSavingsNetworks training, scripts,videos...etc whatever it is they provide? Also are they using Salesdialers.com as an autodialer? You mentioned the quoting to you get a splash page or webpage with a quoter?

Have you found any benefit to SeniorSavingsNetworks training, scripts,videos...etc whatever it is they provide? Also are they using Salesdialers.com as an autodialer? You mentioned the quoting to you get a splash page or webpage with a quoter?

Yes training has been helpful

Salesdialers is recommended and you get discount

Website not included

CGS included

For what it's worth, I've done quite a bit of regulatory work on this subject in the past 6 months and found that about 40% of state DOI's would require a filing and the other 60% are OK with a multi-plan comparison website based on the insurance companies approving it. I really can't speak for what others have found, but agents should be aware of the potential risks/pitfalls. Here is verbatim what I got back from the GA DOI (GA is in the 60% that don't REQUIRE the agent/agency to file with the DOI):

If this was a Georgia matter, we would advise such a producer to suspend such action, and take action to clear all proposed advertising materials with all the carriers it represents before proceeding any further.

By Rule, only licensed insurers may submit policy forms or advertisement for review by our Office.

However, insurers may be brought under regulatory scrutiny by the potential improper solicitation or misleading or inaccurate advertising actions of their agent representatives.

We believe that many, if not most well-run insurers probably have provisions in agent/agency contracts that prohibit forms of agent-produced advertisements, including web pages, social media, etc, from being distributed or posted without clearance by the home office. Alternatively, many insurers may otherwise clarify processes for dealing with such matters in such Agent contracts.

On a different note, CMS now prohibits collecting anything other than zip code for quoting MA/PDP (unless the consumer chooses to be contacted). This regulation is more on the insurance company level, but would apply to any CMS approved website that provides MA/PDP quotes or comparisons.

Fun stuff!

Here is a great resource for filing Med Supp advertising material, but even when reviewing the regs, it's tough to discern what applies to agents and what applies to insurance companies:

http://iadca.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Advertising-Filing-Chart-Rev-03-13.pdf

I'm estimating it's a 1 year project from start to finish to get a website approved to do live quoting for 35-40 states for maybe 10-15 insurance companies.

I built my first "Med Supp quoter" in 1997 starting with an excel spreadsheet with macros, but I haven't attempted the regulatory hurdle until now. . .

I'm about 6 months in and figure I have 6 months to go.

Back