Med Supps Agents Website

Craig, you are still running the Medicareful sites aren't you? They got CMS blessing and DOI as well I assume.

Thanks for the input, Craig.

Did you ask the GA DOI specifically about Medigap, MA or both?

No problem. The GA DOI would only regulate the Medigap advertising. The DOI only regulates the companies on this type of advertising (in GA specifically), so the agent contracts you've signed with insurance companies are the only thing that's important.

MA and PDP would be governed by CMS (and the Health Plans and PDP sponsors). Unfortunately, CMS no longer allows generic MA/PDP marketing on agent websites, but we have not seen the Health Plans and PDP sponsors cracking down on this very hard at the writing agent level.

We are getting slammed on the FMO level, however. One Health Plan asked us to provide a list of all websites we own, even if they don't have anything to do with MA/PDP. Maybe agents can comment, but we NOT seen of this level of scrutiny on agents yet. Regardless, that's why we developed our Medicareful.com website for agents to use, in case the oversight ramps up, agents have a compliant site to use for MA/PDP.

----------

Craig, you are still running the Medicareful sites aren't you? They got CMS blessing and DOI as well I assume.

Yes, I put in a shameless plug above!! :)

Last edited:
Back