MEdicare Advantage Question

Yeah, sign him up for a $2500 plan F/PDP he doesn't want. They'll never go up.

I have a better idea. Sign him up for a supplement but NOT plan F. Plan D/G/N would be my choice.

That gets him to AEP where IF he can go into an MAPD he can make the choice. If they don't exist or benefits/premium is unattractive he can remain in his supplement.

If he chooses Medicare only and in the interim becomes chronically ill, he may no longer have any options.

Now would you like to make a suggestion as to why I'm wrong or post another sarcastic response?

Rick

It's worse when the MedSupp premiums keep going up, because in some of those cases you may not be able to move the consumer to a competitively priced product due to underwriting. At least with a MA non-renewal, that consumer has GI rights for Medicare Supplement (or can pick another MA during AEP).

It's worse when the MedSupp premiums keep going up, because in some of those cases you may not be able to move the consumer to a competitively priced product due to underwriting. At least with a MA non-renewal, that consumer has GI rights for Medicare Supplement (or can pick another MA during AEP).

I am familiar with CA rules that state if a person's share of cost in an MA goes up they have GI into a supplement. But I don't know if that's true in other states.

So if someone in GA (for example) is in an MA plan at zero premium and the renewal charges a $90 premium, can they move into a supplement on GI?

Rick

"He is in good health, and a business owner that would not qualify for medicaid. His wife uses preferred care partners, and thats what he wants. He does not want to "waste" money on a med supp that he would "never use". in his mind its MA or nothing."

Does he have a group plan that he is still on? I've seen SNP's that consider asthma as chronic lung disorder.

"He is in good health, and a business owner that would not qualify for medicaid. His wife uses preferred care partners, and thats what he wants. He does not want to "waste" money on a med supp that he would "never use". in his mind its MA or nothing."

Does he have a group plan that he is still on? I've seen SNP's that consider asthma as chronic lung disorder.

no, the only thing he has right now is Pt A and B of medicare.

Yeah, sign him up for a $2500 plan F/PDP he doesn't want. They'll never go up.

The HDF in my part of Florida runs $94. per month, with a $15. a month drug plan he's good to go. The deductible of 2110. is less than the MOOP of the Preferred Plan MAPD and B will kick in after $147. Kinda sounds like a no brainer and is better dan nottin...Explain the risk he has with just Medicare and tell him you will change it for him next AE.:no:

I see a lot of people telling me to put him in a med supp he dont want... why would i do that? He would keep it for a month, then cancel, and i would not only piss him off, but i would lose future business and get a chargeback. That is pointless
Besides part of the reason he specifically wants to go PCP is because he gets all of his pt. B premium back with it, it literally costs him nothing unless he uses it.
Thank you for everyone's input, seeing as there is no way to get him into the plan now, i will just have to wait to put him in a plan in October

Back