MEdicare Advantage Question

Seems everyone on this thread has as an opinion for what is the right plan. For the record, a good agent that is licensed in the state of FL, (or any other state for the matter) needs to go over EVERY option for the client and let him decide which option is best for him.

That is where agents can get into some hot water by not explaining his options while making sure he understands how each plan works. If you think it is a bit hard to keep up with all the changes, imagine how they feel.

Seems everyone on this thread has as an opinion for what is the right plan. For the record, a good agent that is licensed in the state of FL, (or any other state for the matter) needs to go over EVERY option for the client and let him decide which option is best for him.

That is where agents can get into some hot water by not explaining his options while making sure he understands how each plan works. If you think it is a bit hard to keep up with all the changes, imagine how they feel.

While there is no one "right" plan that fits every person, giving "EVERY" option seems like overkill. That would require explaining the summary of benefits of all 24 MA plans (in my service area) and giving equal attention to all eleven med supp plans even though the differences between some of them is very small. My clients look to me to narrow this down, after assessing their needs, to a few options that fit their needs. I usually go over two or three MA plans and three or four med supp plans (typically F, G, N, and sometimes HDF) and show them a Plan Finder report of the lowest remainder of the year cost of drugs for several PDP plans (with MA and stand alone). We'll look at any plan they ask about, but they're looking to me for guidance and appreciate it. Never use the word "best," of course. If that approach isn't compliant then I'll change, but I've not seen anything in certification courses that requires going over every MA and med supp plan available.

While there is no one "right" plan that fits every person, giving "EVERY" option seems like overkill. That would require explaining the summary of benefits of all 24 MA plans (in my service area) and giving equal attention to all eleven med supp plans even though the differences between some of them is very small. My clients look to me to narrow this down, after assessing their needs, to a few options that fit their needs. I usually go over two or three MA plans and three or four med supp plans (typically F, G, N, and sometimes HDF) and show them a Plan Finder report of the lowest remainder of the year cost of drugs for several PDP plans (with MA and stand alone). We'll look at any plan they ask about, but they're looking to me for guidance and appreciate it. Never use the word "best," of course. If that approach isn't compliant then I'll change, but I've not seen anything in certification courses that requires going over every MA and med supp plan available.

Well I didn't mean overkill, in reality the best 5 plans in the area is more like it, based on price, benefits for both MA plans and Supps along with his options just staying with Medicare tell his AEP hits and what costs he would be responsible for.

Your plan N clients may be unpleasantly surprised by their out-of-pocket costs at doctors offices and the ER after the deductible is met that you told them they would not have. N is a good option for many but they really should know what they're buying.

And what would those costs be?

20% of doctor office visits not to exceed $20, $50 for ER visit if not admitted, and up to 9.25% Part B Excess charges for non-par docs.

OK. Why would they surprised at those? The only way they would be surprised if if they weren't informed about them up front.

Surely you are not using the old excess charge scare tactic?

Lol... I see the best meds sup Plan N right now is in Alabama with Aflac, it's like $90 monthly! The only difference between the plan N and the plan F is it has a $140 dollars yearly deductible to meet first.

Your plan N clients may be unpleasantly surprised by their out-of-pocket costs at doctors offices and the ER after the deductible is met that you told them they would not have. N is a good option for many but they really should know what they're buying.

OK. Why would they surprised at those? The only way they would be surprised if if they weren't informed about them up front. Surely you are not using the old excess charge scare tactic?

Exactly my point. They would be surprised if they got their plan N from timmy, whose post mine was in response to. I like plan N, sell it a lot, and reassure them that they'll likely never incur excess charges and if they do it won't likely amount to much compared to the savings in monthly payment.

Why would they be shocked about the deductable it's $140 dollars!!!! just like it says in the paragraph when I mentioned it.

Why would they be shocked about the deductable it's $140 dollars!!!! just like it says in the paragraph when I mentioned it.

Setting aside the minor point that you misspelled deductible and got the amount wrong, you really need to get a little retraining, then call all of your plan N clients with apologies and explanations of the costs they can expect after meeting the Part B deductible of $147.

Love the exclamation points, by the way. It's the perfect storm where incompetence and confidence meet.

Back