Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

Well, I’ve got 3 years on you as an agent. Plus 15 before that at a carrier, 2 PBMs and a damn pharmacy.

When we started, the rules were non existent. It was the Wild West. You can’t do that anymore.

I don't see how this will lead to captive agents. For one, most brokers would not stand for that and would move on. I know I would. I'm not going to be anyone's employee ever again. Whether they like us or not, brokers are VERY much a necessity for this industry. As it is right now, the carriers provide most of the training anyway, so what would change? This also doesn't mean FMO's will go away....their margins are just gonna get slimmer and they will take more from the agents, of course. I can see some of them going away, but FMO's will always need to be around in this industry because carriers don't want the extra huge financial burden and regulatory burden of taking on millions of more agents. Mark my words...it'll work itself out, but I don't think making FMO's go away completely is a good thing for the industry, government's interest, or carrier's interest.
I’m not talking about us. I’m talking about what happens 10 years from now.

My immediate upline with 9 downline agents told me this will be a 190k hit to him

I was talking more about the 1000's of call centers. Quite the exaggeration. He also gave an example (in another post) of an agent making $301 while the FMO makes $250ish override. $301 is the only correct number in this equation.

He also keeps saying that I came in late in the game. Not a clue what that means since I've been doing MA and Marketing MA from the start. Sometimes he just thinks he knows something when in fact he does not. Kind of reminds me of another poster on here.

I was talking more about the 1000's of call centers. Quite the exaggeration. He also gave an example (in another post) of an agent making $301 while the FMO makes $250ish override. $301 is the only correct number in this equation.

He also keeps saying that I came in late in the game. Not a clue what that means since I've been doing MA and Marketing MA from the start. Sometimes he just thinks he knows something when in fact he does not. Kind of reminds me of another poster on here.

Todd I’ll be blunt . You’re a small ass imo in the mapd space . 2 nd to top Fmo’s make $250 per app . Shops like neihloss and Fleming and Gordon marketing . Fmo’s that have 50-100 employees and do 50-100 k mapd apps a yr .With your type vol you might be at $150-$175 an app override . Stay in your fe and med sup lane

Last edited:
Todd I’ll be blunt . You’re a small ass imo in the mapd space . 2 nd to top Fmo’s make $250 per app . Shops like neihloss and Fleming and Gordon marketing . Fmo’s that have 50-100 employees and do 50-100 k mapd apps a yr .With you vol you might be at $150-$175 an app . override . Stay in your fe and med sup lane

Damn, who knew that DonP is a bad ass.

Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder.jpg

Latest posts

Back