Medicare Card "Illustration" ok?

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just saw this in the UHC Jarvis update. So what exactly is a Medicare Card "Illustration" ?

Use of Medicare cards in materials: Starting Oct. 1, marketing materials that show the actual Medicare card visual are no longer CMS compliant, unless use of the card image has been authorized by CMS. An illustration of a Medicare card will still be allowed.

If one of my granddaughters on a sheet of paper can I use it?
werewolf0433_mall_girl_drawing_picture_cinematic_ae1c0ec2-318d-4e92-beee-30a8e9e92071.png
draw one

Basically if the medicare card is reproduced to make it look similar to the real card. So drawn, made into a cartoon, illustrated, resembles a Medicare card, its non compliant unless a disclaimer “non govt entity” is used.

Last edited:
Just when I feel that CMS has finally and truly jumped the shark they turn around and say 'Hold my beer.' I have seen more conflicting info this pre-AEP than I can ever remember.

Maybe I just block out the memories.

Had direct mailers go out yesterday with an illustration of a medicare card. It was pre approved and CMS compliant and was fine. Has a short disclaimer under it, "not affiliated with CMS...."

After the fact, I asked to add my phone number under my name since last time I did and had a decent response. That was a no can do without resubmitting for another approval.

Of course had to add the disclaimer and # of carriers/plans in the area the mailers were mailed to. I learned a new thing, might help someone else. Instead of manually counting them or calling carriers and asking, I just went on Sunfire, added and activated the phone feature and input zipcode and the numbers popped up for for the area.

Had direct mailers go out yesterday with an illustration of a medicare card. It was pre approved and CMS compliant and was fine. Has a short disclaimer under it, "not affiliated with CMS...."

After the fact, I asked to add my phone number under my name since last time I did and had a decent response. That was a no can do without resubmitting for another approval.

Of course had to add the disclaimer and # of carriers/plans in the area the mailers were mailed to. I learned a new thing, might help someone else. Instead of manually counting them or calling carriers and asking, I just went on Sunfire, added and activated the phone feature and input zipcode and the numbers popped up for for the area.

Hmmm I dont think I have a phone feature on my sunfire, I must have a dumbed down version or something.

Hmmm I dont think I have a phone feature on my sunfire, I must have a dumbed down version or something.
I had no idea I had it either FMO staff walked me through it while I was finishing up the DM order.

If you go in the Sunfire portal, and up in the right hand corner where your initial is, then go to profile and get in there and scroll down, you might see where to set up dialer phone. Pick a # and then go activate it on the left somewhere. lol. I say on the left somewhere because I can't remember, but it was easy.

It was nice also in that it pops up the disclaimer so I can't screw it up anymore. lol.

If you do it, then just act like your using it, call your own phone after putting in a zipcode, then it pops up the full disclaimer with how many carriers/plans you have in that zip.

Back