Gas card or Amazon gift card at Medicare educational events ..?

MedicareMutt

Super Genius
Medical Mutual hed a bunch of Medicare Advantage seminars over AEP in my area ... they used a $15 gas card to entice ... they had a good turn out ... thoughts ..?

Attachments

• Gas card inside.jpg
    Gas card inside.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 6
How
did I know we'd get a pejorative ..? Perhaps in record time ... look "axeman" ... there are successful brokers doing meals at events o.k. ..? I know a gent in TX with about 2000 clients ... the meal, or some other enticement won't get people to come who have no interest (of course there will be the odd exception) but it does make it easier for them to attend especially as in Medicare where they may not be going into it at age 65 ... the question was, which would you be more prone to respond to ..? Of course you'll respond with "neither," so let me do it for you. Anybody else have an opinion?

Last edited:
The ones that show up for a free card will be the ones you lose the quickest . I've always tried to make my business model one of making you a client for life.
It's not how much you write in this business. It's how many you write and keep. Long lasting relationships mean still having the original client. Then writing their children when they turn 65. And it just keeps easier every year.

The ones that show up for a free card will be the ones you lose the quickest . I've always tried to make my business model one of making you a client for life.
It's not how much you write in this business. It's how many you write and keep. Long lasting relationships mean still having the original client. Then writing their children when they turn 65. And it just keeps easier every year.
You don't get it. Let's say you have somebody ... they won't leave their employer group insurance till say age 66 ... they receive your invitation 3 mos. before they T65 and like it but unless they think they will lose out on something they may kick learning about Medicare down the road ... make sense? Again, they are not there FOR a card, but a meal, a gift cert. or a gas card does give them a call to action ... a sense of urgency? Now that we have that cleared up, which of the three would most prospects respond to ..?

When gas prices were high, it was a hot ticket.

Now, groceries are high, Maybe offer supermarket gift cards.

The type of client that jumps for $15, won't stick on the books. As already said.....

But, it seems like you know the answer already

All true but you do have to get with them first right ..? I'm thinking gas card because EVERYONE uses it. Regardless of the current price of it ... Medical Mutual is the largest insurer in Ohio ... to me, meals are such a pain ... noisy, interruptive, food allergies, etc ... I know some seniors who don't have email much less Amazon shop ... It's not about showing up for the freebee ... so what if you get 2 - 3 of those ..?

Last edited:
Back