Medicare insurance jobs pros and cons

I wish I could have got a salary when I first started :)

Most on here will advise against going LOA, but honestly you have to start somewhere. Just understand that you will be building someone elses book of business....not your own.

But in my opinion, its better to learn the business (make your mistakes) on someone elses dime rather than your own :)

Spend other people's money, not your own.

Totally.. Debt isn't a bad word to me, as long as it's fixed and I can easily cover the monthly.

But my needs aren't 100k atm. That could change, but until they are.. I can just used my assets as. Collateral.

Most on here will advise against going LOA, but honestly you have to start somewhere. Just understand that you will be building someone elses book of business....not your own

When thr deal is fair, I have no issues with LOA. However, I wouldn't go LOA for free leads.

Yes if an agency is paying you a salary it’s fair for them to put you LOA. BUT I wouldn’t advise people to start like that. It’s a dead end. Recruiters will say anything.
Start with life sales. Then cross sell the Medicare. It’s just not that complicated. If I could learn it with no internet info at all back then, these guys today with all the free info and uplines who train can ace it easy. Just do it in a way that makes sense.

Scott that’s ridiculous what your saying . People have to start somewhere . 10’s of thousands of agents have started captive or loa and then transferred to independent. The poster needs a salary and this way she learns the trade with little to no expenses . Your basically saying if she’s broke don’t get in the business . I disagree . Hell for that case Bomans got a great gig for broke new agent . 70% , free leads and all preset appts . Once your rocking transition to your 120% plus and buy your leads

Scott that’s ridiculous what your saying . People have to start somewhere . 10’s of thousands of agents have started captive or loa and then transferred to independent. The poster needs a salary and this way she learns the trade with little to no expenses . Your basically saying if she’s broke don’t get in the business . I disagree . Hell for that case Bomans got a great gig for broke new agent . 70% , free leads and all preset appts . Once your rocking transition to your 120% plus and buy your leads
It's basically this way in all financial careers.

A lot of financial advisors start with a wirehouse like Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, UBS, etc. making very little comp but have an office, assistant, etc. paid for.

Once they build a book, they bounce to Cetera or LPL where they incur those costs but make a much higher commission.

They don't "own" their books either but they typically do a great job at convincing clients to come with them and/or maintain the relationship until it can be profitable for them.

NY Life, NW Mutual, etc. have some of the highest producing agents in our industry. They are effectively LOA as well.

Once they can go on their own, some do. Even if it means giving up benefits and renewals.

Running your own business isn't for everyone. Some people are really happy making 50-100k annually with minimal risk.

It's basically this way in all financial careers.

A lot of financial advisors start with a wirehouse like Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, UBS, etc. making very little comp but have an office, assistant, etc. paid for.

Once they build a book, they bounce to Cetera or LPL where they incur those costs but make a much higher commission.

They don't "own" their books either but they typically do a great job at convincing clients to come with them and/or maintain the relationship until it can be profitable for them.

NY Life, NW Mutual, etc. have some of the highest producing agents in our industry. They are effectively LOA as well.

Once they can go on their own, some do. Even if it means giving up benefits and renewals.

Running your own business isn't for everyone. Some people are really happy making 50-100k annually with minimal risk.

Bingo Tahoe Ray . I used to poo poo on loa agents . But the truth is many of those people wouldn’t make it without an office environment or free leads Like you said There’s a reason Northwestern,Mass Mutual and Guardian have the top producing agents . My brothers been a top broker at Wells Fargo for 28 yrs . He’s got offers of $2 mil to leave for his massive book . He’s happy we’re he’s at . Being independent is a lonely business .

Back