Medicare Supplement Realistic Sales Goals?

Don't lie to the Gentleman 3% is not gonna happen. Maybe if he is mailing to the hood but how many med supps will he write there?

You must have never mailed for Med Supps. 3% is an average return.
Last mailing I did I got 4.1%.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes I have. The national average for DM is and has been for a long long time 1%.

Maybe for Final Expense. This is a Med Supp thread.

Last edited:

Exactly. I've never gotten 4.1%, but I've always gotten more than 1% on a med supp DM. I have gotten below 1% on FE.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Are you mailing to the T65 crowd, or to all seniors?

I am curious about the demographic being mailed to. I realize it is best to mail to counties with a low % of MA penetration, but in addition to that, what other factors come into play about where you mail.

I am curious about the demographic being mailed to. I realize it is best to mail to counties with a low % of MA penetration, but in addition to that, what other factors come into play about where you mail.

You have to watch out for counties that are full if people on employer plans. Those can really eat up the profit. I'd rather mail to high ma penetration counties than counties full of retirement bene's...

You have to watch out for counties that are full if people on employer plans. Those can really eat up the profit. I'd rather mail to high ma penetration counties than counties full of retirement bene's...

We can find out about MA rate but what about "employer plans"....I'm smack dab in the middle of BOTH and tons of military, teacher, federal, state, county, city, and NASA retirees.

Last edited:
Back