Medicare Supplement Realistic Sales Goals?

tins, your 3% is your average return? That's awesome. Would you mind sharing how long you've tracked your return and how many pieces do you mail per month?

I haven't done a mail drop yet and I'm figuring out my budget for mail.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arggrrhhh! I was all pumped up for 3%! What is more realistic? 1%? 2%? Or is it too complicated with many factors that determine return?
You should build your business model with a 1% return. Anything more is icing on the cake. But if you budget your business with a 3% return you will be out faster than you started.

You should build your business model with a 1% return. Anything more is icing on the cake. But if you budget your business with a 3% return you will be out faster than you started.

You obviously have never sent out DM for med supps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yeah, Lead Connection would do a 500 piece mailer and he shouldbe able to pull in at least 3%.
That works on a $300 lead budget and should provide enough weekly leads for Med Supps.

Or he could just send out 1000 every two weeks.

Last edited:
All I can say is good for you guys. In my neck of the woods you would not get those returns. Perhaps I need to move to Indiana.

All I can say is good for you guys. In my neck of the woods you would not get those returns. Perhaps I need to move to Indiana.

Moving states will not help your returns. Or did you mean you were going to start selling in IN? I'm sure I could get those same returns in your state. You just have to know where to mail.

$190 for a 500 piece mailer.
Get 2% response for 10 cards.
Close 1 outta 3 for $750 in med supp commish
Use the extra $110 for gas money.
Rinse and repeat.

$50 for 1000 qualified phone numbers scrubbed against the DNC registry.
Learn to sell OTP.
Every 100 dials nets 10 prospects.
Every 10 prospects nets 1 sale.
1000 dials = 100 prospects = 10 sales = $2500 in commish or more.

$190 for a 500 piece mailer.
Get 2% response for 10 cards.
Close 1 outta 3 for $750 in med supp commish
Use the extra $110 for gas money.
Rinse and repeat.

$50 for 1000 qualified phone numbers scrubbed against the DNC registry.
Learn to sell OTP.
Every 100 dials nets 10 prospects.
Every 10 prospects nets 1 sale.
1000 dials = 100 prospects = 10 sales = $2500 in commish or more.

Do the generic mailers pull better, or are you using something more specific about new pricing etc? Lead connections has a real basic mailer I was thinking of using

Back