MedSupp client says the medsupp paying for hearing aid

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
I have no experience with anyone's Medicare or MedSupp paying for a hearing aid.
Just now have a prospect looking for a plan that covers them 100%, and one of the MAPD's in the area will do that. That is my approach, and it's OEP, and he called yesterday to see how to get off his current MAPD.
The relative of my prospect is a client who says Medicare supplement is paying for a hearing aid for the spouse, also a client. Will be interesting to see if client is correct about Medsupp/Medicare paying for a hearing aid. For now, I am staying out of it.
I assume if they Medicare is paying for one, it would be some kind of claim related to an illness or injury.
The MAPD prospect would find a supp unaffordable and probably wouldn't qualify medically, not to mention, Medicare doesn't cover hearing aids. Lucky there is an MAPD that has 100% coverage, and it's OEP.

Hearing aids start at less than $500 and can be several thousand dollars.
Why Hearing Aid Prices are Inflated

Whenever I hear free or 100% I just roll my eyes.

I know people (including clients) who have tried the low priced one-size-fits-all aids you can get online or in Walmart. They are nothing more than amplifiers and rarely work for many people.

Might as well use an ear horn.
1025808-earhorn500px.jpg

There may be a hearing aid discount worked out through someone like True Hearing or similar. Those kinds of things can be included with a Med Supp. At least one company even includes Silver Sneakers with their Supps. Or as Chazm said, it may not be a Med Supp, but a Medicare Advantage plan that does indeed have a hearing aid benefit with a copay. For instance there are Medicare Advantage plans in my area where a $4,000+ hearing aid is covered with a copay between $700 and $1,000.

I have no experience with anyone's Medicare or MedSupp paying for a hearing aid.
Just now have a prospect looking for a plan that covers them 100%, and one of the MAPD's in the area will do that. That is my approach, and it's OEP, and he called yesterday to see how to get off his current MAPD.
The relative of my prospect is a client who says Medicare supplement is paying for a hearing aid for the spouse, also a client. Will be interesting to see if client is correct about Medsupp/Medicare paying for a hearing aid. For now, I am staying out of it.
I assume if they Medicare is paying for one, it would be some kind of claim related to an illness or injury.
The MAPD prospect would find a supp unaffordable and probably wouldn't qualify medically, not to mention, Medicare doesn't cover hearing aids. Lucky there is an MAPD that has 100% coverage, and it's OEP.
Agent sold a med supp and added a DVH policy to the presentation? I have talked with folks in that situation that think their Medicare, med supp or MA is paying when actually they have an ancillary plan..

In California, I can now sell Blue Shield Plan F Extra, and, Anthem Innovative Plan F. Both offer a discounted hearing aid benefit which I guess the insured could be confused as the company " pay for hearing aids".

She either has a Medicare Advantage plan, is on medicaid, or a DSNP plan.
Ask to see her "insurance cardS" = medicare card, medicaid card and/or insurance card.

One of the first items to get from a prospect is the above info so you can go to proper options for her without going in a cicleor the wrong direction.
Good Luck!

Back