Mega Strikes Again NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

I appreciate the different writing and response styles of pretty much everyone that posts here. It helps put personalities on faceless names, and breaks up some challenging topics.

Keep it up.

Steve said:
I appreciate the different writing and response styles of pretty much everyone that posts here. It helps put personalities on faceless names, and breaks up some challenging topics.

Keep it up.

screw you to.......hahahaha..........

Steve said:

Keep it up.

See there, now you've hurt my feelings...

Steve said:
Steve said:

Keep it up.

See there, now you've hurt my feelings...

but I put hahahahahaha.......

To get back to serious discussion, just today I called (via phone) upon a woman who has a day-care center in her home and she has a policy from Alliance for Affordable Benefits which incorporates a health policy (if that is what you would call it) from Mid-West out of Tenn (you know who they are.)

I'd like to find some good FACUTAL talking points to convince her that Assurant, the Blues, Aetna, Celtic... anyone is better than what she has now.

I went to the Mid-West/Tenn site and could not find a summary of their health policy. Can anyone here give me four or five good bullet points to convince her that what she has is not so good. (I'm mincing my words here because I don't want to be threatened with being sued like Steve S. (see another thread on this board about him).

She pays $140 a month (for what?) and I can get her a fairly good Blue Cross plan for about 250 (she's 5-6 at 200 lbs so she gets a 25% rate-up. She can afford it, I just need to convince her that she SHOULD.)

Everyone talks about how terrible policies like M--A are but I need some FACTS.

Thanks for the help.

Al

Mid-West, unlike Mega Life, does have major medical policies however usually the OOP is extremly high. They also offer many different plans, so you can't simply do a blanket comparison.

If she already has the plan just tell her to grab her policy. On the 1st or 2nd page will be her explanation of benefits which will state her deductible, OOP and any limitations the plan may have. Then simply compare that to what's available.

I did that just this week with a lady who has a Mega Plan. She had no idea what she had or how the plan worked since she hadn't used it yet. I had her grap the policy and we noted a few things:

1) She had a $2,500 deductible with a $4,500 OOP - total liability = $7,000
2) I pointed out that her deductible was per period of confinement
3) She saw her limitations for doctor visits, lab and ER

Then I simply compared what was available - showed her she could lower her rate, lower her liability and get rid of the caps.

Back