Mega Strikes Again NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

Have you done online sales yet?

Nope. Pretty new to individual. She wanted to sign up this morning, but I didn't have my insurance stuff with me. She cuts hair at my children's salon. Lesson learned. Always have brochures in car!

Quote 3 PPO plans BCBS, Assurant and Aetna or GR. I would have rates for the one deductible plan HSA as a back-up

That's a good idea. Do you have a form that explains an HSA that you take to client meetings?

They are hospital expense plans that don't cover $#$@!!!! Find out how long she has had her plan and if she has used it yet? If it is more than a year, they will either have one of two options (Health Choice or PPO Plan). If it is less than one year, she will have one of the lovely CareOne plans...

You have two options. 1) Give me the lead and I will split the deal with you 50-50 :) or 2) Either obtain a copy of the policies if you are not familiar with them or PM and I would be happy to discuss some things with you as I left them "officially" last December and know the plans quite well.

-J.R.

She was looking for her insurance card so that I could look at it and I said, "Don't worry about it. It isn't necessary." Man, I'm such a newb!
I'll call her and try to get the name of the plan from her. It should be on her insurance card, right?

BTW, thanks for the offer on the split. I really want to see if I can close her myself.;)

Nope. Pretty new to individual. She wanted to sign up this morning, but I didn't have my insurance stuff with me. She cuts hair at my children's salon. Lesson learned. Always have brochures in car!
Good back-up plan until you have the plans memorized.

That's a good idea. Do you have a form that explains an HSA that you take to client meetings?
Yeah, it's called my mouth :) I use the Assurant brochure, my knowledge and a spreadsheet to explain HSA's in detail to people.

She was looking for her insurance card so that I could look at it and I said, "Don't worry about it. It isn't necessary." Man, I'm such a newb!
I'll call her and try to get the name of the plan from her. It should be on her insurance card, right?

BTW, thanks for the offer on the split. I really want to see if I can close her myself.

The easier way to sell people w/out losing your mind when you don't know all the plans is to find out what they want in a plan and what they don't like about the current plan. Then, simply cater your presentation toward those specifics and get confirmations throughout the presentation that you are both on the same page.

Last edited:
Blue Cross of NM has a great brochure explaining HSA's. It's not really specific to thier plan and has a great worksheet that I still use. I haven't seen one from BCBS AZ yet. Check the carrier websites and see if you can find one that you like. I'll see if I have an electronic copy of the one I like.

As for the sale: If she wants BCBS quote it. If it's the lowest go with it. If not explain the benefits of the lower cost plan. HSA's are not for everyone as we have discussed at some length here. If it's to much for her than she will never go for it and if she does then she probably won't be happy with it. And remember ASK FOR REFERRALS!!!! If she is happy with her experience with you she will refer all of those great clients she sees. (People talk to thier hair stylist more than thier therapist)
PM me if you need help.

Where can I re-familiarize myself on mega/nase plans? I have a friend that has one, a plan that allows him $ for his deductible? I don't remember a plan like that 3-4 years ago...

What I do remember is:

Limited benefits for surgery.
You have to purchase a rider for certain ailments (cancer).
A per occurance deductible (yikes!).
Goofy nase membership that nobody uses but pays for.
Very limited prescription benefit (1k/year...sheez).
No mental benefits.

I know I am forgetting many other caveats...can you guys think of more?

How about now...do they have plans now that are not basic/limited benefit plans?

Blue Cross of NM has a great brochure explaining HSA's. It's not really specific to thier plan and has a great worksheet that I still use. I haven't seen one from BCBS AZ yet. Check the carrier websites and see if you can find one that you like. I'll see if I have an electronic copy of the one I like.

As for the sale: If she wants BCBS quote it. If it's the lowest go with it. If not explain the benefits of the lower cost plan. HSA's are not for everyone as we have discussed at some length here. If it's to much for her than she will never go for it and if she does then she probably won't be happy with it. And remember ASK FOR REFERRALS!!!! If she is happy with her experience with you she will refer all of those great clients she sees. (People talk to thier hair stylist more than thier therapist)
PM me if you need help.

Steph:
Good point, I plan to give her a $20 Target gift card after she's accepted. I'll also give her another $20 gift card if she refers anyone to me and they buy. I'm also working with my hair dresser. She is currently seeing a doc about something. I think I need to wait until that is resolved to move her into another plan.

I will look at the BCBS NM website and see if they have the HSA info.

Thanks again.

UGA/Mega to change name

What are they running from this time? Who is doing a major lawsuit against them. They are going to be change the health brand name to Chesapeke Life. Don't know what they are going to name the agency but my buddy who is still there told me today.

Also for you guys that were in Mega I believe his name was Grant Born. Was of the top producing regions was fired because he was submitting false applications and re-selling leads.

Back