MIB Hit

Why not provide details of the alcohol/drug treatment to an insurance companies Underwriters?

If it was long enough back, some companies may offer coverage. Work with companies who underwriters allow you to present additional information, on behalf of your client.

Hard to provide details of treatment that never took place (according to applicant)..

Hard to provide details of treatment that never took place (according to applicant)..

I agree. Something isn't adding up.

To my knowledge, Insurance companies do not just make up stuff and put it in a persons MIB. But I could be incorrect.

So that means that either the applicant told that to an agent on an application, another agent decided to make it up and provide it to the Underwriters, Information was discovered in Medical records, or maybe the insurance companies Underwriter just made it all up, to make it harder for applicant to get the insurance.

I agree. Something isn't adding up.

To my knowledge, Insurance companies do not just make up stuff and put it in a persons MIB. But I could be incorrect.

So that means that either the applicant told that to an agent on an application, another agent decided to make it up and provide it to the Underwriters, Information was discovered in Medical records, or maybe the insurance companies Underwriter just made it all up, to make it harder for applicant to get the insurance.

More than likely an error in data entry. Crossed ss#,etc.

I wouldn't spend tons of time here.

We have so many clients we can see on a daily basis. I try to remind myself that I could be missing tons of $$$ when I'm tempted to get in the weeds!!!

I wouldn't spend tons of time here.

We have so many clients we can see on a daily basis. I try to remind myself that I could be missing tons of $$$ when I'm tempted to get in the weeds!!!

Absolutely correct. However, if there is an issue on the MIB, it can be corrected.

They pretty much destroyed the product with the rate changes.

I told them that. I am still a big fan of the packaging, the application and PHI minus the odd Pakistani who's English is unintelligible. The good news is that at least their other products are still great with equally good packaging etc.

I'll remain optimistically hopeful that they'll come up with something competitive. As a businessman and restaurant guy, economics have forced me to make changes many times that my customers didn't understand or like. I think that they run a good operation with great customer support (in my experience). Companies like that tend to weather storms in the longer term.

Back