Midyear-2008 Lead Company Update

"Your rating system would carry any weight with these people."

???

For the record, it is not a "rating system."...but just comments based on personal experience from dozens of brokers purchasing hundreds of leads per day.

But all comments are welcomed!

I very much doubt that "These people" would have the time to post on this forum, especially if they are using 200 leads per hour.

"Your rating system would carry any weight with these people."

???

For the record, it is not a "rating system."...but just comments based on personal experience from dozens of brokers purchasing hundreds of leads per day.

But all comments are welcomed!

I like your answer and your rating system. If the lead companies are only interested in the agents who buy 200 leads and hour, then they should make that a minimum requirement. Furthermore if they are selling that much and making money doing it, then why do they care what gets posted on this forum. Shouldn't they be somewhere looking ot buy a 55 ft. meridian cruiser? No. wait. Complaining about the posting on the board. That makes much more sense.

There aren't enough big fish out there to survive - you need the smaller agents. Other than Ehealth, HBD, and a few others how many HUGE fish are out there? Not many.

Not to mention the huge fish will want the leads for next to nothing anyhow.

The big fish will eventually run out of carriers willing to put up with their crappy block of business.

Seems like the lead brokers who sell to them deserve each other.

As a lead broker, it is interesting to see these ratings from agents who only buy a few a day. It's a different world altogether when you sell leads by the thousands to agents in NY who buy leads for other states, and who go through 200 leads per hour. Your rating system wouldn't carry any weight with these people.

With retention at less the 30% in some cases, what the heck do they know about leads?!?!?

They just buy bulk and buy on price and whatever hapens, happens.

Somarco is right. I'd say they're books suck as much as their agents do.

What if we could filter out the "bad leads" from the bad agents who don't know how to sell properly, which is why they think they're bad leads, maybe the ratings would be better.

To me a bad lead is someone I can't get on the phone.

I tried one broker and we tested over 100 leads and zero picked up the phone and zero called back.

I've never seen that before and never used them again.

And I won't mention who it was (not on the list anyway) because it was in 2006 and they may have improved since then.

To me a bad lead is someone I can't get on the phone.

There are some leads that you don't want to get on the phone.

I've been coaching a protege, and he's tried out Prospect Zone leads. Inordinate amount of people trying to sign up for Medicaid, filled out a survey to win an ipod, etc. Just a total waste of time.

My guess is there's lots of crap in the affiliate driven/banner advertising type stuff.

Back