Millions of Sites Down with Godaddy

It must only be domain names with the Godaddy nameservers. All of my domains are registered at Godaddy, but I have hosting elsewhere and my sites are all online.

One of my client's websites has their domain name with another registrar, but their hosting is with Godaddy and their site is online.

It probably is/was on the hosting side. I believe it's a great deal more difficult to do a brute force attack on the DNS than on the servers themselves.

My site and email are still down. Their email was down for receiving almost all day last Thursday.

My site renewal is next week. I think I'll renew a month at a time and go through the hassle of switching. I'm getting sick of emailing clients that I'm expecting financial information on to email me at my roadrunner address.

My site and email are still down. Their email was down for receiving almost all day last Thursday.

My site renewal is next week. I think I'll renew a month at a time and go through the hassle of switching. I'm getting sick of emailing clients that I'm expecting financial information on to email me at my roadrunner address.

Hostgator is waiting with open arms :)

I called them and BlueHost. Hostgator seems to do it all... but I assume they would be as vulnerable as Godaddy had they been the target today.

Here's the thing, godaddy has painted a target on their back with a lot of their more public decisions, hostgator has never done that.

Back