MLM in your face?

How was the pole dancing thing an mlm? Were they selling the poles, or lingerie? I think I'm all for the pole dancing parties, but I bet I'm not invited, since I'm a male. ha ha

Funny but I had this happen recently. There was a woman who bought an IFP plan and then wanted me to be her "customer" for some kind of phone network marketing company called ACN or something like that. I told her I was not interested, that I had a long-term contract with my phone company... and she was OK with it. (Ended up writing her mom an MA plan when she moved here from LA.)

Recently I wrote a small group and on the day of the enrollment, in the waiting area among the magazines were several copies of a catalog for Jafra which is a high-end cosmetic company. It seems the benefits administrator whom I'd been dealing with for months during the pre-sale was a Jafra rep. She never said a word about it. I took a catalog and had my wife order some goops and creams (yeah, like I had to FORCE her! Right!) and I bought some cologne. Total came to about $80. The bene-admin was REALLY happy about that... and it cost me pocket change compared to what I will make on the group.

Usually I give clients a gift certificate to a local Italian restaurant or a book store but this was more "personal." (Always use local businesses for gift certificates and not chains like Starbucks, because you will get THEM as customers sooner or later as well!)

No sure how this is relevant to the thread... but what the $#@!.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

Very relevant, indeed. Insurance is still a business. The goodwill factor that you will generate will far outweigh having done nothing. And every time you call or walk in to visit this client you will be recognized as more than "oh, the insurance guy is on the phone."

You said it best, "what the $#@!" Of course, this is just my "$#@!" opinion.

A few years ago I was contacted by this guy about MLM opportunity who was going to put on a seminar in my area. He wanted to know if there any restraunts that had a meeting room that served food, he would pick up the tap. I made some calls and found a local pizza place ,so I went ahead
and made the reservation for him. About 12 people showed up including a coupe big shot with company who were suppost to have made millions with the company. The seminar was nothing more than a few blow hards talking about all the big money they make. When the bill came for food, drinks and meeting room. Two of them bolted for the door and the other one told the restraunt owner he forgot his wallet. I went ahead and paid the bill as was told that I would be paid back. I havn't heard from them since.

I have it happen to me, especially PPL, I just tell them my compliance dept and E&O won't allow me to participate, sure wish I could. They understand and it is end of discussion.

I have it happen to me, especially PPL, I just tell them my compliance dept and E&O won't allow me to participate, sure wish I could. They understand and it is end of discussion.

Great response! The conflict of interest gambit. I like that. Thank you.

In my first year I was selling life insurance to a couple at a local coffee shop. An MLM marketer had the guts to inturepet us and say he overheard our "financial" conversation and wanted to introduce himself. To get rid of him, we exchanged business cards and he left.

Sure enough, I get a phone call the next morning. He called me to pitch his "business opportunity" and I asked him about his life insurance. I agreed to meet him, although I told him up front it probably wouldn't be a fit. We met at the same coffee shop and I walked out with an application and he understood why I wasn't a fit for his program. He still has the policy inforce, however, he's done with the MLM game.

In my first year I was selling life insurance to a couple at a local coffee shop. An MLM marketer had the guts to inturepet us and say he overheard our "financial" conversation and wanted to introduce himself. To get rid of him, we exchanged business cards and he left.

Sure enough, I get a phone call the next morning. He called me to pitch his "business opportunity" and I asked him about his life insurance. I agreed to meet him, although I told him up front it probably wouldn't be a fit. We met at the same coffee shop and I walked out with an application and he understood why I wasn't a fit for his program. He still has the policy inforce, however, he's done with the MLM game.

It just goes to show that you never know where your next sale may come from. Great job.

I met this older guy at a local business meeting a couple of year ago. He told me that he really wanted to refinance and I quoted him a great rate on a $1.5M refi which would have brought in 25k in commission. He seemed real happy and i went to write up his app. When i get to his house, he has his CPA there (i thought to grill me on the loan).

They spend 3 hours trying to get me to sell some mlm vitamin company called isagenix or something. It turns out that he had no interest in refinancing, he just was trying to find his next recruit.

Needless to say, i was pissed.

Back