MOO Career Financing Plan

KG1188

I've read a lot of reviews on the company itself, and any more current advice or information on them would be helpful as well, but after scouring this website, I didn't find much on their Career Financing Plan.

Does anyone have specifics on Mutual of Omaha's Career Financing Plan?

I went through it in 1988 and it was great then, probably similar now but I can't tell you for sure due to the fact that I'm 23 years behind the times. It was like a big bonus the first month and maybe the second, then it gradually went downhill for like all 12 months while you were new- till it hit zero. Had to qualify for it, but the qualifications were not that tough. The idea was to subsidize you while you were building renewals and new buisiness commissions.

You have to produce $1100 in premium in order to get the bonus money. It goes down gradually over 3 years. If you picked up an independent contract, you'd be far better off. Their financing plan is a joke. They try to say that with the bonuses you're getting paid over 140%. Such lies to the ignorant eye. They end up paying out about 80% or so. They have all these formulas. 50% of this. 30 of that and it adds up to 140%. Crazy.

I just got appointment with MOO and so far its been great. So far no complaints, I think it depends on who your manager is. As for the commissions, it is 50% on some needs based products (life, whole, etc). After you reach certain attainable goals then you qualify for a big bonus on top of all the comms you get paid, so i guess if you do the math, you end up with a much higher payout at the end of the day. Plus the residuals are insane, up to 12% i think in some cases. This company is very agent focused so you get a lot of nice little perks, access to systems at no cost, cheap e and o, (in some cases even leads), and a bunch of stuff that I am still finding out...if you are producing (so this is not for your if you plan to do this part time). So if you are starting out and need a boost MOO is great. I guess once you are familiar with Life insurance, i think MOO offers an independent contract, but I think the experience and training are worth it. . They are big on the med supps, thats where I see most of the agents are cashing in. So i would recommend to go talk to a general manager in the area and he can go into more detail about the pay, its going to be the only way you can get all your questions answered i think.

I just got appointment with MOO and so far its been great. So far no complaints, I think it depends on who your manager is. As for the commissions, it is 50% on some needs based products (life, whole, etc). After you reach certain attainable goals then you qualify for a big bonus on top of all the comms you get paid, so i guess if you do the math, you end up with a much higher payout at the end of the day. Plus the residuals are insane, up to 12% i think in some cases. This company is very agent focused so you get a lot of nice little perks, access to systems at no cost, cheap e and o, (in some cases even leads), and a bunch of stuff that I am still finding out...if you are producing (so this is not for your if you plan to do this part time). So if you are starting out and need a boost MOO is great. I guess once you are familiar with Life insurance, i think MOO offers an independent contract, but I think the experience and training are worth it. . They are big on the med supps, thats where I see most of the agents are cashing in. So i would recommend to go talk to a general manager in the area and he can go into more detail about the pay, its going to be the only way you can get all your questions answered i think.
I liked MOO when I worked there.

Back