MOO Changes Plan N Underwriting

I think more significant than the underwriting changes is that the commission is going to be reduced to the same commission level the agent is getting on the rest of the Plans. (See below)

"Plan M & N Compensation Effective February 16, 2011 Commission rates will change for the Medicare Supplement Plans M and N in ALL states where the Mutual, United World and United of Omaha Plans M & N are marketed, to be the same as all other Medicare Supplement plans currently being sold."

Last edited:
I think more significant than the underwriting changes is that the commission is going to be reduced to the same commission level the agent is getting on the rest of the Plans. (See below)

"Plan M & N Compensation Effective February 16, 2011 Commission rates will change for the Medicare Supplement Plans M and N in ALL states where the Mutual, United World and United of Omaha Plans M & N are marketed, to be the same as all other Medicare Supplement plans currently being sold."

Frank, where'd you get that?

That's...not good. Such a shame.

Speaking of MoO...I had a lady that had a plan D with me w/MoO. She is 72. She's had it since she turned 65.

Her premium just went from $175.10 a month to $236.39 a month! Up $61.29. A 35% increase!

GA is not mentioned in the above. Care to speculate why not?

It is in the official MoO memo Frank just forwarded to me.

United World- AL, MD, MN, MT, ND, NJ, NM, PA, UT and WY

United of Omaha- AR, AZ, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NH, OH, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV
and WI

Yep, we're seeing that high increase pretty consistently with MoO.

That's...not good. Such a shame.

Speaking of MoO...I had a lady that had a plan D with me w/MoO. She is 72. She's had it since she turned 65.

Her premium just went from $175.10 a month to $236.39 a month! Up $61.29.
A 35% increase!

Back