MOO Living Promise

StoneRiver

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone selling the Mutual of Omaha Living Promise product? If so, any overall feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

Use them all of the time, and for the most part they're really good, at standard FE type stuff: diabetes, hbp, moderate health problems in general. If the client is borderline on the two, four year look backs, I would take them elsewhere.

Ex. they say 4 year look back on strokes, but if you send them someone that had a mild stroke 5 years ago, expect a decline. Same way for defined heart problems, cancer, etc.

Anyone selling the Mutual of Omaha Living Promise product? If so, any overall feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

They're OK to use for most healthy individuals, but I wouldn't really recommend them for diabetics, or for people with other recent health issues like cancer.

Diabetes diagnosed after the age of 50 is fine. I use them often.

Yes, you can get diabetics approved, but I think that there could potentially be a problem if an insured passes away during the contestability period, and it's discovered that they did at some point receive care, were treated for or advised to seek treatment for any of the diabetic complications listed question 5a in part two of the application.

I say this, because depending on who you're in front of, I would imagine that there will be times when you will ask that question, and they'll answer no, when in fact in they should've answered yes.

This would more than likely result in the death claim being denied. Why take that chance if you don't have to, when you could simply put them with RNA or another diabetic friendly carrier?

Last edited:
Yes, you can get diabetics approved, but I think that there could potentially be a problem if an insured passes away during the contestability period, and it's discovered that they did at some point receive care, were treated for or advised to seek treatment for any of the diabetic complications listed question 5a in part two of the application.

I say this, because depending on who you're in front of, I would imagine that there will be times when you will ask that question, and they'll answer no, when in fact in they should've answered yes.

This would more than likely result in the death claim being denied. Why take that chance if you don't have to, when you could simply put them with RNA or another diabetic friendly carrier?
Who is RNA? Apologies if this should be known.

Back