JDG13

Client is a 63 y/o non-smoking Female. She answered no for all the health related questions such as "Do you have AIDS or HIV?" or "Do you have cancer?" etc... Application was submitted on 03/18 and the policy was only for $20k with payments scheduled for the 28th of every month. After signing everything it says below the policy number and thank you message "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Living promise coverage. Your client will receive additional information by mail." I'm new to the game so I could just be missing something but I'm genuinely confused as to why my client would be denied coverage for such a simple policy.

99% likely that Something in the prescription check, the MIB decline database knows that one or more of her answers were untruthful
There wasn't a prescription check or anything like that regarding underlying conditions, just a bunch of yes/no format questions.

There wasn't a prescription check or anything like that regarding underlying conditions, just a bunch of yes/no format questions.

Most carriers are running 3-5 various data verification checks to confirm answers are as honest as can be found. If applicant was declined or table rated by other companies in the past, the MIB check with find it.

Yes there was.

Call the underwriter, not the case manager, ask what the decline was for. Probably won't tell you out right but worth asking. If not ask what question it pertained to. You need to know so you can shop it out.

Also you need to have the come to Jesus talk with prospect. This is were your trainer need to help you.

Something I learned many years ago. I didn't break it. So I am never apologetic as I am reviewing. Just business.

IMohsoHO

You need more CO’s in your bag . American amicable lists all the drugs in question so you’d have known right then how to pivot . Some people forget to list a memory pill . If that’s the case you must write a GI. But overall the most aggressive underwriting I’ve seen is Rna . When you include no ht/wt, takes most heart conditions, takes insulin diabetes and neuropathy preferred ,takes inhalers for non copd hard to beat . I’ve had several mib hit issues with other carriers that said right threw with rna.

Something tells me that no one at your upline explained how data UW works or you forgot. I don't sell FE, but don't the applications even explain to you & the client that several reports are being run on Al Gores interwebs?

Last edited:
This client was denied due to Rx history not MIB. MIB's don't give a decline. It would say it's referred to an UW for further review. A day or so later the agent would get an email about the case being incomplete.

She has been prescribed meds on the auto decline list. Since you don't have an authorization on file, MoO will not tell you which drugs caused the decline.

Ask your client, what medications have you been prescribed in the past even you never took them or are no longer taking them?

Moo has strict underwriting. I’ve got many clients declined with various carriers and pivoted to rna and gotten approval .Am Am is very good with inhalers non copd . I’ve had people with 3 inhalers tell me no copd and it’s approved preferred.As I said if it’s a memory pill which now and then people don’t tell you it’s a decline everywhere.

Back