MOO rate increase history

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
A lady called me about a Plan G. Showed her the cheapest and a household name. Never mentioned MOO because I know how often they raise rates. She bought MOO from another agent. I told her she would be sorry. Anybody have a document showing their rate increases thru the years?

From rate engine
Believe GA has been
2021 4%
2022 8%
2023 8%

For comparison
anthem
4%
3%
3%

Philly
11%
0%
?

United
8%
6%
?

Believe GA has been
2021 4%
2022 8%
2023 8%

I don't keep track of the O carriers any more, but wasn't 2021 the first year for Mutual in GA? Prior to that was maybe OIC and, in no particular order, was United of O, United World and possibly one other . . . all since 2010.

They have at least one other carrier that has not (yet) been offered in GA . . . OSIC (O supplemental insurance co).

I don't keep track of the O carriers any more, but wasn't 2021 the first year for Mutual in GA? Prior to that was maybe OIC and, in no particular order, was United of O, United World and possibly one other . . . all since 2010.

They have at least one other carrier that has not (yet) been offered in GA . . . OSIC (O supplemental insurance co).

I don’t recall. OIC was just before MoO.
MoO seems to lead in the company switching,
But which companies no longer do this?

A lady called me about a Plan G. Showed her the cheapest and a household name. Never mentioned MOO because I know how often they raise rates. She bought MOO from another agent. I told her she would be sorry. Anybody have a document showing their rate increases thru the years?

I find it helpful to include them on all quotes and let people know we offer them, due to their popularity.

Then when we get down to the nitty gritty of choosing between UHC, Aetna, MoO, BCBS, we then can talk particulars like pros and cons and casually mention, "they're good, they'll pay your claims, they are known for going up a little faster than the others..."

This way if they do pick MoO after you tell them the others are more stable, you get the comp for their "mistake." (Which, I wouldn't call it a mistake per se, it's just not as good as UHC... just like people who choose decaf coffee over espresso - it's your life!")

I find it helpful to include them on all quotes and let people know we offer them, due to their popularity.

Then when we get down to the nitty gritty of choosing between UHC, Aetna, MoO, BCBS, we then can talk particulars like pros and cons and casually mention, "they're good, they'll pay your claims, they are known for going up a little faster than the others..."

This way if they do pick MoO after you tell them the others are more stable, you get the comp for their "mistake." (Which, I wouldn't call it a mistake per se, it's just not as good as UHC... just like people who choose decaf coffee over espresso - it's your life!")

Imagine owning a restaurant with the best steak on planet earth. Dude walks in and wants to order your chicken.

I'm not going to say, hey man, steak only here. I'll inform him of the steak - but he wants Chicken. I'll make the chicken and charge his Amex.

I don’t recall. OIC was just before MoO.
MoO seems to lead in the company switching,
But which companies no longer do this?

Almost every carrier plays the game so it is getting harder to narrow it down. More often I find myself using Anthem over others. Chaz mentioned FL carriers which are probably better in FL than here. BX/Anthem is the only one that is competitive here, the others are generally not.

Back