MOO rate increase history

I find it helpful to include them on all quotes and let people know we offer them, due to their popularity.

Then when we get down to the nitty gritty of choosing between UHC, Aetna, MoO, BCBS, we then can talk particulars like pros and cons and casually mention, "they're good, they'll pay your claims, they are known for going up a little faster than the others..."

This way if they do pick MoO after you tell them the others are more stable, you get the comp for their "mistake." (Which, I wouldn't call it a mistake per se, it's just not as good as UHC... just like people who choose decaf coffee over espresso - it's your life!")

I usually quote 4-5. However I have a referral partner that like Mutual of Omaha (she has it) and everyone they refer wants MoO. I give them the pros and cons. Let them decide. The HHD usually puts them $15 below Anthem or UHC and others.

Last edited:
A lady called me about a Plan G. Showed her the cheapest and a household name. Never mentioned MOO because I know how often they raise rates. She bought MOO from another agent. I told her she would be sorry. Anybody have a document showing their rate increases thru the years?

From rate engine
Believe GA has been
2021 4%
2022 8%
2023 8%

For comparison
anthem
4%
3%
3%

Philly
11%
0%
?

United
8%
6%
?

Caveat, not an agent

looking at info agentjhc provided, I don't see that the M company is particularly worse than other companies.

Back