More than a half million Americans gain coverage under Biden

I don't know one American who would say that we do not have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..

If we agree to that, then it follows that we also have a right to whatsoever is necessary to support the continuation of such a life freely pursuing happiness.

Whose heart do I have a right to when/if mine fails? Kidneys? Etc.?

Food, water, and healing measures when ill are all human rights. No one said that they need be free. Even the caveman paid for his supper with his labor.

And, like the caveman, we have a right to go out and get our supper.

What is wrong with a public option, with a single small premium, reasonable co-insurance, and the choice to buy relatively affordable private insurance to cover those co-insurance gaps?

Why is such a regime good for 65 and over and not for those under 65?

Because if the healthcare system was compensated for all patients the way it is for Medicare patients it would go bankrupt. The $ from the rest of us COVERS for the $ they lose on Medicare patients.

The same with a public option. It's just shifting more pluses to the minus side.

Wouldn't the economy so much stronger if the $1000+ monthly premiums were reduced to $148.50, and families could use the remaining $851.50 to save for retirement, fund their children's college educations, and spend on products and vacations that otherwise they must forego?

No, because that $851.50/month has to come from somewhere.

And for those who are either temporarily or permanently unable to work to pay for those minimal premiums, what is wrong with a public support?

We have Medicaid, and the same mathematical issue arises. More minuses and less pluses.

Whose heart do I have a right to when/if mine fails? Kidneys? Etc.?

And, like the caveman, we have a right to go out and get our supper.

Because if the healthcare system was compensated for all patients the way it is for Medicare patients it would go bankrupt. The $ from the rest of us COVERS for the $ they lose on Medicare patients.

The same with a public option. It's just shifting more pluses to the minus side.

No, because that $851.50/month has to come from somewhere.

We have Medicaid, and the same mathematical issue arises. More minuses and less pluses.

Now now that is just truth and common sense You know that wont go very far anymore

I don't know one American who would say that we do not have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..

If we agree to that, then it follows that we also have a right to whatsoever is necessary to support the continuation of such a life freely pursuing happiness.

Food, water, and healing measures when ill are all human rights. No one said that they need be free.

Far too many folks interpret a "right" as meaning you should not have to pay for it.

Everything in life comes with a cost. The argument is, who will pay for it.

Only the govt can print (worthless) money. The rest of us have to EARN our keep.

Just because someone believes they have a RIGHT to food, shelter, clothing and the pursuit of happiness doesn't make it so. Nor does it mean these "rights" should be free of charge. SOMEONE has to pay for all the free stuff in life.

Wouldn't the economy so much stronger if the $1000+ monthly premiums were reduced to $148.50, and families could use the remaining $851.50 to save for retirement, fund their children's college educations, and spend on products and vacations that otherwise they must forego?

The BTID argument has been around for years and it rarely works as planned. No matter how well intentioned, most folks buy term (insurance) and SPEND the difference.

There are far too many people with generous incomes that live from paycheck to paycheck and assume someone will bail them out.

That someone is usually the government who either sends the bill to the workers or just prints more money to cover the debt.

besides that, the system already makes it easy for lower-income there is Medicaid and subsidies

I had so much more money when I made 60K than I did at 70 to 105 because of subsidies and child healthcare programs

Having insurance want hard till 90K

and it's a tough place to be 90 to 105 after that I got over the Obama hump but it was scary for a year had I not went up as fast as I did the cost could have put me under

So it's not the poor that are having any issue that is not their own choice as far as ins goes

No, the insurance industry is based on profit.
Profits come when all payouts and operating costs are deducted from total premium revenue. But from a client perspective, its about pooled premiums shared to offset a single individual's loses.

Profits come when all payouts and operating costs are deducted from total premium revenue. But from a client perspective, its about pooled premiums shared to offset a single individual's loses.

And what is your point?

Insurance (all lines) is based on the premise that some individuals will represent a net loss to the company (relative to what those individuals pay in premiums), but enough customers will be a net gain. That's what makes it possible for an insurance company to exist.

What's next, you're going to tell us the sky is blue?

And what is your point?

Insurance (all lines) is based on the premise that some individuals will represent a net loss to the company (relative to what those individuals pay in premiums), but enough customers will be a net gain. That's what makes it possible for an insurance company to exist.

What's next, you're going to tell us the sky is blue?

If its dark cloudy and raining out he just may say that

Back