Mortgage Protection Vs Final Expense

I just read the Settlers agent guide and no where in it do they call us field underwriters. They do refer many times to field underwriting and that's it is our job to do good field underwriting. They do not give us the title of field underwriter.

Of course as agents we all know that we are to field underwrite but the public does not know that.

For any agent to tell a prospect that he is a field underwriter as opposed to an agent is being deliberately deceptive.

There is no gray area on that. One is either honest or they are not.

A poster here has tried change the narrative on lists to make it acceptable to call them leads. That's the same thing as an agent pretending to be an underwriter.

If deception is one's game then proceed with deception.

Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post

Grab a bit of ethics instead of being a dishonest jackass.

Rick

you must be a republican
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why? Did he get audited?

It's important for agents to make it clear that they are insurance agents. Your title is not "underwriter".

But I have been pointed out by many agents that many companies do call us their field underwriters. Settlers Life just sent me their new agent guide last week and it referred to us field underwriting and called us their field underwriters many times.

I have started explaining on appointments that the reason the companies can't just mail rates out through the mail is because not everyone qualifies for the same thing. The competitive companies require an agent to to do the initial underwriting interview before we give them rates so we know what they should be qualified to apply for.

It is a good way to explain what we do. But we are still licensed as insurance agents. That is our title.

I tell them my actual title is Gran Poo-Bah of all things seen and unseen.

I don't think that's too misleading is it?

I tell them my actual title is Gran Poo-Bah of all things seen and unseen.

I don't think that's too misleading is it?

Nice to meet you Mr. Gran Poo-Bah.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why even use a title????

Joe Schmuck
MI License #123456

Is all I use.

Why not use "Your Insurance Agent" as Frank Stastny did.

Last edited:
Back