My personal experience with Aflac

Re: Working with AFLAC for now

You only use STM to bridge the gap between group plan to group plan....even then it is still a risk......

Obviously, the unemployed folks where you are have much more in the bank than those around here.

It's not a discount card (which clearly states it's not insurance). It is a medical plan, with a maximum OOP and percentage sharing.

Now, whether YOU would recommend it is one thing. The fact that it is major medical insurance is what is important to the individual/family.

You keep tellin' your unemployed folks that it's either COBRA or self insure, okay?!:goofy:

Obviously, the unemployed folks where you are have much more in the bank than those around here.

It's not a discount card (which clearly states it's not insurance). It is a medical plan, with a maximum OOP and percentage sharing.

Now, whether YOU would recommend it is one thing. The fact that it is major medical insurance is what is important to the individual/family.

You keep tellin' your unemployed folks that it's either COBRA or self insure, okay?!:goofy:

Your rant is noted, but it didn't answer the question in the scenario.

I don't deal with unemployed folks.

Who said anything about a discount card?

Your theory is all well and good -- but what happens if somebody gets real sick while on the temp?

They've saved money on the premiums sure, but they're gonna be broke anyway when the temp runs out, and you've cost them the ability to get any permanent health insurance, and they have to pay medical expenses out of pocket.

STM through GR and Assurant is indeed creditable coverage.

OK, for the third and final time. I'll go real slow here...

As I posted at the beginning of the thread with the Bx example, GR and Time may consider their STM to be creditable coverage (and give pre-x credit) for a change to one of their permanent policies.

Other carriers are not obligated, however to do the same.

OK, for the third and final time. I'll go real slow here...

As I posted at the beginning of the thread with the Bx example, GR and Time may consider their STM to be creditable coverage (and give pre-x credit) for a change to one of their permanent policies.

Other carriers are not obligated, however to do the same.
You are one of those guys who wore the Michael Jackson zipper jacket aren't you? Ok Mr.Thriller "Everyone pay attention to me I know more" Just let these guys voice their opinions. You voice yours and if they do not agree....tough shnit!:goofy:

So, you want someone who has just lost their job, and won't have the same income every month to pay upwards of six to seven hundred dollars a month on COBRA, rather than getting Short Term Medical?

WOW!

Those who have pre-ex, and other medical issues I recommend staying on COBRA. But for someone who is healthy, or who has children who are healthy, you REALLY want them to pay that much?

What will they use to pay the utility bills?

What will they use to put gas in the car to go on interviews?

:idea:

I've got it! They can use YOUR money! I'll give them your name and number, and they can call YOU when they need some dough!

Short Term Medical IS Creditable Coverage. Why do you think companies like Assurant, Blue Cross, and others have it available to those who are getting separation notices?

DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD OFFER A NON-INSURANCE, INSURANCE PLAN TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THAT TYPE OF EXPOSURE.

As someone who facilitates a weekly Job Networking group, I am absolutely appalled, disgusted, and shocked that you would make someone burn through that much money when they don't have to.

Again, I have to ask. Do you think Blue Cross, Assurant and other major medical insurance companies would offer these, if they were not considered Creditable Coverage?
:swoon:

Getting back to the AFLAC question - If you don't want to get a part time job, please do yourself a favor, and go "as earned" and not "advanced". If someone cancels, or drops, you're in the hole, and it will be difficult in the beginning to get out.

I...I...I'm stunned that someone on this forum would profer advice that would put you deeper into a financial hole.

Perhaps you can go to the library and check out an audio library of Time Management, and see if that will help schedule your days, so that you may operate a peak efficiency.

Good luck.
Bob,

As I stated above, up front comission with Aflac is only 60% up front. If your cancel rate is higher than 7% you're doing something wrong. At 7% cancel rate the 40% residuals take care of all charge backs. If you do not take up front with Aflac the premiums are too low to survive on. You cannot build a strong enough residual fast enough.

I wish I would have been paid as earned as I had some money saved up and today I would be alright with a decent monthly income. Not getting rich but paying the bills. If I would have done as earned I would have like $500 left after bills and the wife keeps a couple kids so we would be better than we are.

As for all the bickering I didn't mean to cause strife between you guys. Can't we all just get along.

As for all the bickering I didn't mean to cause strife between you guys. Can't we all just get along.

then we would just have a bored message board with a bunch of boring insurance talk............

Justin, since you seem like a stand up guy. Why dont you PM your zip code to me, and I will pull you 500 non aflac client leads with 10-50 employees in your local area. Salesgenie is a beautiful thing, but did you know that your appointment with Aflac allows you to aquire an account for 68.00 a month? Everyone else has to pay 150.00 :P

Back