My personal experience with Aflac

Re: My personal experience with Aflac.

Indeed.

When I'm on the phone with a prospect who tells me me they have not had coverage for a significant period of time, I can't get off the phone fast enough.

Sometimes they do indeed get a wild hair and think "....I really should get coverage."

That feeling seems to wane after the 3rd or 4th month of billing.

Ah! The Voice of Experience! This infomation is essential for newbies to know. It saves a lot of wasted effort and is one of the great services this forums offers. Thanks!

Another situation to run...not walk from:

Client: "So, when does this come out of my checking?"

Me: "Within a week."

Client: "Oh....well is there any way we can have this come out on the 25th? I don't get paid until then."

Go write it...then get familiar with the term "NSF."

Last edited:

Couldn't agree with you more.

Find those that do have coverage. Ask some discovery questions, then run some quotes, and see if you can improve their current position.

THAT is where you will find business and referrals.

Those that don't have health coverage for a long time are that way by choice, just as much by circumstance.

I have put Aflac in a lot of my groups. At this point I do not think there plan design is very good. I also have not been impressed with the current billing structure.
The HSA policy they came out with I think is a very bad plan.
I heard in the grape vine that they are changing the cancer policy.
I will say they do pay on the claims. I had a client that pass a way from the big C and the spouse called in about that policy and Aflac cut her a check for around $9,000.

Insurance in general is a tough gig. My first 3 years I worked a 2nd job at night.

Hello! I just got my license and debating which company to work for, Aflac or UGA.

:confused:Just got my license in CA, and I don't know which company is better to work for, UGA or Aflac. UGA carries Mega life and some other health insurance products. Please help.

Re: Hello! I just got my license and debating which company to work for, Aflac or UGA

Search "Mega" on this forum before going further.

Re: Hello! I just got my license and debating which company to work for, Aflac or UGA

There are better options than either of these companies. In this industry there are companies who prey upon the new agent's lack of knowledge. They are constantly recruiting and burning through agents. Most of us have had the unfortunate experience of working with 1-3 outfits that in hindsight we should have never affiliated with. Based upon my knowledge of the business at this point in time I would not work for either AFLAC or UGA if I had no other choice I would sell hotdogs. However, if I had had contact with them 5-6 years ago I probably would have signed on.

Last edited:

Try using the search function. All you have to do is enter AFLAC or UGA/Mega.
That should make your decision much easier.

Re: Working with AFLAC for now

i would first see what your doing wrong,,or right. How is the telemarketing going? If your still with aflac...try ducksex.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back