My Thoughts on InsureMe

Years ago internet leads used to be good. However, now there are so many agents and lead companies going after the same market, I don't see how it is a wise use of time or money.
I know one guy whose close ratio 3 years ago was 33%, 2 years ago was 16%, and this year he is running a 6% close ratio.

Ugh! That's not encouraging.

Ugh! That's not encouraging.

I think indy agents should take a small cue from the toy industry. There is a huge push to get away from electronic toys. I think the Indy agent should get back to that one-on-one relationship selling. But that is just only my thoughts.

I think indy agents should take a small cue from the toy industry. There is a huge push to get away from electronic toys. I think the Indy agent should get back to that one-on-one relationship selling. But that is just only my thoughts.

While I an older agent that does a lot of my business by email, text and phone. I agree with you. Unless you are willing and able to commit time and dollars to go big on the internet. Old school relationship building pays.

My biggest sale this week came from an orphan account a company referred to me a few years ago, second was a referral from a Farmers agent/client, third was a referral from a former sub agent. Relationships pay.

I am not saying leads do not work. Just saying that is not the only way.

Years ago internet leads used to be good. However, now there are so many agents and lead companies going after the same market, I don't see how it is a wise use of time or money.
I know one guy whose close ratio 3 years ago was 33%, 2 years ago was 16%, and this year he is running a 6% close ratio.

Internet leads have changed....have you changed your processes too? Like the book from a few years ago: "Who Moved My Cheese"!!!

The majority of leads today prefer first contact via email, not phone. Have you adopted your processes? Do you have a program that will send drip email campaigns? How about snail mail? Have you even looked at the emails you write to see if YOU might respond if you rec'd it? Look in the mirror folks.

The consumer is changing...many people use their smart phones more than they watch TV or use their laptop computers. How easy is it to interact with you & your agency?

There are much better strategies to work leads. Are you keeping up or just complaining that they are just worse today? I don't believe so & there are many agents today that have changed with the times & are killing it working internet leads.
Contact me if you'd like more info.

Thank you,

Bob

Internet leads have changed....have you changed your processes too? Like the book from a few years ago: "Who Moved My Cheese"!!! The majority of leads today prefer first contact via email, not phone. Have you adopted your processes? Do you have a program that will send drip email campaigns? How about snail mail? Have you even looked at the emails you write to see if YOU might respond if you rec'd it? Look in the mirror folks. The consumer is changing...many people use their smart phones more than they watch TV or use their laptop computers. How easy is it to interact with you & your agency? There are much better strategies to work leads. Are you keeping up or just complaining that they are just worse today? I don't believe so & there are many agents today that have changed with the times & are killing it working internet leads. Contact me if you'd like more info. Thank you, Bob

We have and do use all those practices. In fact, working on an analytic program to show providers and us results. This should improve results while giving being able to go back to the lead providers with data showing where they are falling short.

Have you guys tried Allwebleads or precise leads?

I've closed a few internet leads but there are some issues you will run into with internet leads. One issue I found is that unlike DM or TM leads you are sometimes unable to door knock the leads because it won't tell you an apt number so you're stuck. Another is these people get a barrage of people calling them which is severely undesirable. I tried to go for exclusive leads with precise but while they don't get a barrage of calls some still won't pick up, you can't door knock and now you're paying 30.00 for these exclusive leads that you can't door knock.

I would call them because they are given to me for very cheap because of an association I am with but in all honesty I try to save my money up for a dm or tm program.

Precise is the worst. Not one sale, half the people said they never requested a quote. When I called to cancel the account "my rep" was a total ass and insinuated that I was my agency was the problem and not the leads. That's when I jumped through the phone and choked him out.

Precise is the worst. Not one sale, half the people said they never requested a quote. When I called to cancel the account "my rep" was a total ass and insinuated that I was my agency was the problem and not the leads. That's when I jumped through the phone and choked him out.

How about AllWebLeads?

Not sure. I have used Netquote commercial leads for 4 years now. I write 1 out of 4 leads. So this is why I stick with them. I use Contactbilty quote calls for auto. They are expensive but at least they transfer the quote to me live over the phone. I write 1 out of every 6 on average. I would concentrate on Commercial leads first, then build on that.

I agree the leads are different today than yesteryear. But not because of the consumer, they are the same. No it’s the process in getting the consumer to complete the on-line quote request that has changed.

People are tricked into completing the request (small print at bottom, no mention that 8+ agents will hound them)

Some people who complete the quote request are compensated in some way i.e., game credits, website points, etc.

There are quite a few vendors fighting for the info & they are the creative ones. Ads like;
• $XX Cheap Auto Insurance‎
• "Cheapest Auto Insurance"‎

It’s the vendors that have created this mess with their greed. Folks still want quotes but are bombarded with calls from agents trying to fight over a piece of meat. The consumer then shares this on-line quote nightmare with their friends & neighbors & then they all shy away, but the vendor still needs the money so they get even more creative, they re-sell leads, they "create" leads. You google "auto Insurance" & you will be seeing banners & ads everywhere you go for the next few months.

Back