My Thoughts on InsureMe

Now, let me ask you because I am starting to believe exactly what you are saying. What do you do with that lead meaning do you ask for a refund to be able to spend that money somewhere else? Because at this point it's a loss right?

I do not pay for any leads. I generate my own leads through organic search. My leads are free. The leads I generate are all terrific. I do not ever receive false information.

Thankfully I stopped buying internet leads 7 years ago when I began to develop my own. Buying Internet leads through vendors was so emotionally draining and ineffective. Complete time waster and constantly requesting refunds. So happy I never have to buy internet leads.

----------

Maybe one thing to point out to ltcadviser about leads and prospects that may not be equal as far as leads go.

You are focused on a product where the people that "get" the need for LTC want the product, it is not the same conversation as a life or di sale.

I have found the people that want LTC don't need to be sold at all. It's a matter of finding the plan that works best for them. You don't get the objections and stalls other lines have.

So maybe you can operate the way you do because of the product you offer. I would imagine if your experience is like mine, there really isn't a selling or talking into aspect of a LTC sale. The people that want it, simply just want it, no need to explain the reason for it, but instead you just have to find the best fit.

So I understand your marketing and what you will and won't put up with. I just want to point out, it's different with other products.

At least for me as I NEVER have had to "sell" LTC, the sale is always there, it's just doing the work to match the design up with their ideas.

So not knocking what you're saying, but saying your choice of product has a different market than others.

Cheers.

----------

Maybe one thing to point out to ltcadviser about leads and prospects that may not be equal as far as leads go.

You are focused on a product where the people that "get" the need for LTC want the product, it is not the same conversation as a life or di sale.

I have found the people that want LTC don't need to be sold at all. It's a matter of finding the plan that works best for them. You don't get the objections and stalls other lines have.

So maybe you can operate the way you do because of the product you offer. I would imagine if your experience is like mine, there really isn't a selling or talking into aspect of a LTC sale. The people that want it, simply just want it, no need to explain the reason for it, but instead you just have to find the best fit.

So I understand your marketing and what you will and won't put up with. I just want to point out, it's different with other products.

At least for me as I NEVER have had to "sell" LTC, the sale is always there, it's just doing the work to match the design up with their ideas.

So not knocking what you're saying, but saying your choice of product has a different market than others.

Cheers.

Yes, the people who contact me are interested and I really do not ever have to put up with BS. But it's exactly the same with consumers that want disability insurance and life insurance, is it not?

I also do not put up with BS because I do not feel obligated to chase down a lead. I haven't paid $25 or $50 for a "name." Being that the lead is free liberates me to not feel like I have to get a sale or justify the cost. When you buy leads you constantly feel pressure to generate business because of the sunk costs. And when the leads are junk, the pressure to turn junk into something multiplies.

I do not pay for any leads. I generate my own leads through organic search. My leads are free. The leads I generate are all terrific. I do not ever receive false information. Thankfully I stopped buying internet leads 7 years ago when I began to develop my own. Buying Internet leads through vendors was so emotionally draining and ineffective. Complete time waster and constantly requesting refunds. So happy I never have to buy internet leads. ---------- Yes, the people who contact me are interested and I really do not ever have to put up with BS. But it's exactly the same with consumers that want disability insurance and life insurance, is it not? I also do not put up with BS because I do not feel obligated to chase down a lead. I haven't paid $25 or $50 for a "name." Being that the lead is free liberates me to not feel like I have to get a sale or justify the cost. When you buy leads you constantly feel pressure to generate business because of the sunk costs. And when the leads are junk, the pressure to turn junk into something multiplies.

You should write a how to manual

ltcadvisor "But it's exactly the same with consumers that want disability insurance and life insurance, is it not?
"

I would say no these are not the same. When you have someone who really wants LI or DI, there is a medical reason behind it. Their medical reason. It is a rare life case where they come to me and can make it through underwriting.

Working with a guy now, who called me (old lead) and wanted new life insurance. Told me he was healthy, yesterday he called me and told me he wasn't. We'll wait until underwriting comes back, but thank god he has a convertible policy in force right now. So at least we have options.

What I have found in LTC sales as the main motivator is someone else in the family has needed a care situation, not the people who are asking to find coverage. They see what happened to a close family member and that makes the sales side easy, they are motivated by someone else, not their last doctors visit.

But again as I mentioned to another on this topic, your mileage may very.

DI? If you sell a good contract, you can find prospects, it's just underwriting that can screw you. So I find it is a different sale too. cheers.

I have to agree with Larry on this on. With LTCI either they see the value and want it or they dont.

With Life/DI often they know they need it but are often hesitant to pony up on the premium, especially DI. I have found it takes more convincing when it comes to those products. How much LI someone needs is a fairly subjective question. How much LTCI someone needs is not. So even the ones who want LI often think they need less than they actually do. It is also something that they know at least a little about and often think they know a lot more than they actually do. With LTCI, often people know they do not know a lot and are willing to admit it and listen to the agent.

Please share some on your ideas as I am assuming you are not marketing in WA state. I would love to see how you do it, as long as I am not stepping into your garden to eat your food.

cheers. Off to PT. Learning how to go up stairs again today. Get to break in a new wheelchair today.

----------

Please share some on your ideas as I am assuming you are not marketing in WA state. I would love to see how you do it, as long as I am not stepping into your garden to eat your food.

cheers. Off to PT. Learning how to go up stairs again today. Get to break in a new wheelchair today.

----------
QUOTE]

Hope your PT session goes well today, Larry.

I work in 50 states; and WA is one of my favorites, actually. Oregon too.

I have nothing earth-shattering to say. Build a good website. Write very good transparent content that addresses the concerns of consumers. If your content is good quality, consumers will find it. If consumers find you and feel you can help them, or if they know you can answer their questions they will call you. When consumers call you, it becomes easy to produce business (especially if you are an expert in your space, and you provide the best advice).

So, it is a different dynamic than cold calling; trying to create a sale; asking for favorable introductions, or introducing yourself to someone who does not know who you are, or what you do.

So, my best advice for everyone is to become an expert in your arena first and foremost. If you are not an expert, then read and learn everything you can to become an expert. If you can create a niche, all the better. Once you feel you can hold yourself out as an authoritative source in your arena, write on topics that really will help consumers. Everything you write has to be about them, and their needs & concerns.

"If you build it, they will come"

Jack,

I like your site. Nice job.

Most agents have time to write blog posts as we can tell from here on the Forum:)
But most cannot build their own website. Any thoughts/ideas on what they can do? I've heard too many stories of folks being cheated by an "expert" who will build them a site for $400-$1,000.

Anyone? Thoughts/ideas?

Thank you again Jack for sharing.

Jack,

I like your site. Nice job.

Most agents have time to write blog posts as we can tell from here on the Forum:)
But most cannot build their own website. Any thoughts/ideas on what they can do? I've heard too many stories of folks being cheated by an "expert" who will build them a site for $400-$1,000.

Anyone? Thoughts/ideas?

Thank you again Jack for sharing.

I sure can't build a website either. I hired a professional designer that worked with me to design my website for my target market. Mood boards were created; fonts, colors, etc. everything was discussed. I spent a lot initially to get site designed. $13,500. (Best investment I ever made) I needed the site to be user friendly so an *** like me could easily write and upload content. My faith was believing strongly that one day the site would be found. I wanted it to look good for my target market-45-65, high net worth. Now, it has been 5 years since I launched it so I should probably redesign it! Depending upon one's target market, I believe design can be very important. I do not believe in cutting corners, personally.

I do need to start blogging more consistently though!

Back