My Very First Day of Calling

It doesn't matter who you buy your list from, you should have your own SAN number and dial manually, unless you are scrubbing against NeuStar.

I have an issue with list suppliers touting compliant lists when they really are not.

It doesn't matter who you buy your list from, you should have your own SAN number and dial manually, unless you are scrubbing against NeuStar. I have an issue with list suppliers touting compliant lists when they really are not.

Wing where ya been we missed ya. You missed allot good threads. Happy reading.

It doesn't matter who you buy your list from, you should have your own SAN number and dial manually, unless you are scrubbing against NueStar.

I have an issue with list suppliers touting compliant lists when they really are not.

You need more than the NueStar list, you need something like this: https://www.ims-dm.com/products/wireless.shtml

You previously claimed to be an expert on this and also claimed that a list sample you got from ListShack had cell phones on it. When you provided examples we looked into it and changed things were done. Since then I've asked for your scrubbing source so we could check against that again to verify whether or not the new system is better (which I believe it is) and you've ignored the question altogether.

Ultimately any marketer is liable for the calls they make and ensuring that they are complaint. If you also review our marketing material now you'll see that in light of how difficult it is to pin down the cell phones AND the requirement to scrub every 15 days, we don't actively promote that we remove cell phones. Although we probably do still remove 99%+, none of our clients can legally use the argument that we did it and have them coverred.

So your suggestions is that folks only go to NeuStar? That's not enough. I also still have doubts as to whether or not you were even a client of ListShack.com because you refused to send an email from the the email account used to create the listshack account you claimed to have, but that's ultimately not relevant to anyone here. What is relevant is remaining compliant when using a dialer.

I didn't need a cell scrub since I manually dialed the numbers. I did a DNC scrub software link that Josh posted in an earlier thread. The list I downloaded was about 5100 names. Only 14 came back on the DNC, which is less than 0.3%. This is well within expectations as people can add their name to the DNC at any time. For example, if I download a list from Josh on Monday, but pull my DNC scrub list on Friday, its possible there have been additions.

07/24/14 - One week later and here is my update:

I flipped out yesterday because I had called hundreds of names per day and didn't have a single appointment. I finally broke down and revisited the advice you guys had posted in the thread. I realized you were right... I was going for too much, too fast.

Today, I just called to 'say hello'. Very casually introduced myself and asked if they would be interested in receiving some information on the products I had to offer. 16% of the people I talked to said yes!! About half of those went into detail about what they already had, if any and what they were looking for. I got alt #'s, emails, verified addresses, basic age/smoker info. Ready for the icing on the cake? I had a guy actually ASK ME when we could set an appointment!! Needless to say I like this approach much better.

I typed up a quick letter with my business card in it to send. I will follow up in 2-3 days (all local calls). Heck, I might just drop in because I was 'in the neighborhood'. Needless to say, no sale yet, but it's a start!

Back