My Wife's DM from United of Omaha

Who you asking Lee? I know I don't track that.

I'll say this: I replace a lot of policies with a small face or premium difference, but it never happens to me.

And I have two FEX agents in my backyard hocking FBL and KSKJ.

I'm convinced that's there's just too much business out there for it to be a problem and most agents are just bad. I don't know how many times I walk in and find 3+ policies in a house. All taken out in the last two years. Each of them could have replaced each other in many cases too.

Who you asking Lee? I know I don't track that.

I'll say this: I replace a lot of policies with a small face or premium difference, but it never happens to me.

And I have two FEX agents in my backyard hocking FBL and KSKJ.

I'm convinced that's there's just too much business out there for it to be a problem and most agents are just bad. I don't know how many times I walk in and find 3+ policies in a house. All taken out in the last two years. Each of them could have replaced each other in many cases too.

Asking in general. That kinda answers my question. If you are able to replace a lot of business over a few dollars and everyone else is doing the same somebody's persistency has to be bad. If they jump ship over a few dollars once seems they will continue to do it. I have had a few like that, but I let them go away. I do completely agree that there a lot of bad agents out there. Not anymore now than years past though.

Asking in general. That kinda answers my question. If you are able to replace a lot of business over a few dollars and everyone else is doing the same somebody's persistency has to be bad. If they jump ship over a few dollars once seems they will continue to do it. I have had a few like that, but I let them go away. I do completely agree that there a lot of bad agents out there. Not anymore now than years past though.

You would think that's the case, but I don't have people coming in and replacing me after I replace someone else.

Maybe that's something that's just not taught with most places.

Female, 56, Non Smoker, No Med Exam required
State is RI
Whole Life

The rate given on the mailer is 37.50 mth, this is a graded policy for 2 years.

Can this rate be beaten?
I am just comparing, studying to pass the exam, and get out in the FE world.
I live in the neighboring state of CT. I received the same mailer (so they are def getting there mailers out) and you wont beat that mutual of omaha rate. You can not sell that as an independent agent you have to be a captive agent with them. I'm in the process of finding someone who can compete with them. It does not seem like its transameria or UHL either.

I live in the neighboring state of CT. I received the same mailer (so they are def getting there mailers out) and you wont beat that mutual of omaha rate. You can not sell that as an independent agent you have to be a captive agent with them. I'm in the process of finding someone who can compete with them. It does not seem like its transameria or UHL either.

That mailer is GI. And you won't find anyone competitive with that on a regular basis. In some age bands Gerber is close.

But most of the people that buy that MoO/UoO GI don't have to have GI. I just replaced one this week on a very healthy 66 year old. She's had it about 6 months. Had no idea it was a 2 year ROP. She had $10K. I got her $11K level coverage for what she was paying them. She was a smoker or we could have done even better for her.

That GI doesn't ask is they smoke either.

Back