My Wife's DM from United of Omaha

I live in the neighboring state of CT. I received the same mailer (so they are def getting there mailers out) and you wont beat that mutual of omaha rate. You can not sell that as an independent agent you have to be a captive agent with them. I'm in the process of finding someone who can compete with them. It does not seem like its transameria or UHL either.

They are very easy to beat. Because 80% of the people who sign up for it did it out of ignorance. They didn't need GI.

You just find those cases and you will beat it most every time. If the people really did need GI you just leave it alone.

If you are trying to figure out which companies have competitive premiums, just go to this quoter and put it on your state check a few comparisons. That will tell you who you have in your state and how they rank. Final Expense Quotes

Have them grab their policy and watch their expression when you show them that they aren't covered for two years. Very easy to replace, even if your price is higher.

They are very easy to beat. Because 80% of the people who sign up for it did it out of ignorance. They didn't need GI.

You just find those cases and you will beat it most every time. If the people really did need GI you just leave it alone.

If you are trying to figure out which companies have competitive premiums, just go to this quoter and put it on your state check a few comparisons. That will tell you who you have in your state and how they rank. Final Expense Quotes

That quoter is pretty slick.:noteworthy: RNA seems pretty competitive in PA. Is the quoter reflecting the new, higher rates? And isn't KSKJ in PA? They didn't make the cut.:confused:

That quoter is pretty slick.:noteworthy: RNA seems pretty competitive in PA. Is the quoter reflecting the new, higher rates? And isn't KSKJ in PA? They didn't make the cut.:confused:

RNA is keeping the new rates secret for now. So they are not on the quoter. KSKJ is definitely available in Pa.

Do you have the quoter set on your companies?

RNA is keeping the new rates secret for now. So they are not on the quoter. KSKJ is definitely available in Pa.

Do you have the quoter set on your companies?

I just adjusted the quoter for some different birth years. I use mainly Trans as their medsupps rates are outstanding here in PA and I like to keep things simple. Trans stacks up pretty well rate wise here in PA, but what's the deal with Oxford? They top the list, but I've never heard them mentioned as a "price buster".

I just adjusted the quoter for some different birth years. I use mainly Trans as their medsupps rates are outstanding here in PA and I like to keep things simple. Trans stacks up pretty well rate wise here in PA, but what's the deal with Oxford? They top the list, but I've never heard them mentioned as a "price buster".

Some agents love Oxford. I hate doing business with them. So I don't.

Their underwriting can vary from what is on the application. Very fickle at times.

Oxford is one of the most popular price busters. Oxford and Standard Life and Casuality are both very useful. Especially in states that don't have KSKJ.

Plus Oxford is 120% and has a new lead credit of approx 10%. At least one IMO (maybe more) doubles the lead credit so you are effectively writing a killer price buster at 140%.

They do have a very poorly designed phone interview but it's worth putting up with a bit of a nuisance at those rates and commissions. Plus Oxford is pretty good about sticking to their app questions and gives solid approvals at the end. Our agency (FexContracting) writes a ton of Oxford every month.

One HUGE thing to watch out for with Oxford is rewrites though. Most people have never had an Oxford policy before. But if you find one that has EVER lapsed an Oxford policy in their lifetime do NOT write them a new Oxford. The company does not want them and will not pay you any commission on them other than small renewals.

Their underwriting can vary from what is on the application. Very fickle at times.

Don't worry, I'm not here to shill for them. Agents can and should consider many factors in who they choose to sell. From both a personal and client point of view. I was just commenting on the quoter and how the rates compared.:)

Don't worry, I'm not here to shill for them. Agents can and should consider many factors in who they choose to sell. From both a personal and client point of view. I was just commenting on the quoter and how the rates compared.:)

Oxford is one of the worst FE carriers out there. They monitor your replacement percentage and then send warnings if it gets over 30%.

They ask on the interview if you got money from the client. They ask if the applicant has been declined by anyone else. But they don't automatically approve if another has approved.

They will make changes and not inform the field agents of that change and then not allow it to proceed on the old rules since they didn't tell you about the new rule.

And then try calling them up for service. At least 20 minutes on hold.

Marketers love them. Agents don't.

Back