NAPA server down

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've had E&O (CNA) through NAPA for years. It renewed on 10/1. I wanted to change something regarding the payment and went to their site, only to find that it was down. I called them and was told that their server was down and that they couldn't do anything, but that it would be up soon. I was told that the payment would go through immediately once the server was back up.

After approximately two weeks, the website is now back up, but after logging in, you get the message "The Service Center is currently down for maintenance" when you try to access anything about your account, including your certificate or payment. No payment is pending on my credit card.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on there? Should I assume everything is OK because they say it is?

They make me SO mad! Last September they were down for awhile, due to hurricanes. It took months for them to realize they hadn't billed my down payment or the subsequent months. I didn't notice, as it was supposed to be billed to my credit card. Then I got a letter in February demanding it all at once.

Then yesterday I got this:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to a service interruption the October payment processing for your account has been delayed. The service is now restored and we will be charging your account on 10/21/20 at 6:00 PM ET for the regularly scheduled amount. November will be billed on the normal schedule of 11/1/2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.

NAPA Benefit Services
1-800-593-7657

They make me SO mad! Last September they were down for awhile, due to hurricanes. It took months for them to realize they hadn't billed my down payment or the subsequent months. I didn't notice, as it was supposed to be billed to my credit card. Then I got a letter in February demanding it all at once.

Then yesterday I got this:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to a service interruption the October payment processing for your account has been delayed. The service is now restored and we will be charging your account on 10/21/20 at 6:00 PM ET for the regularly scheduled amount. November will be billed on the normal schedule of 11/1/2020. We apologize for any inconvenience. I think I've been using them for over 4 years and have never had a problem before.

NAPA Benefit Services
1-800-593-7657

I didn't get this email either. But it looks like you are paying monthly? I'm trying to make the annual payment, which saves something like $80 per year. Have they processed your payment?

If it wasn't for me trying to pay with a different card, I don't know if I would have noticed the problem at all. I just checked both accounts and they still haven't taken the payment. The site has been back up with the appearance of being fully functional for at least a week.

A business that is unable to take a payment for at least a month is a new one on me. If they can't do it in the next few days I may just cancel and go with a different option. Of course, the minute I do that, I'm sure they will manage to process the (non-refundable?) payment immediately.

Last edited:
In addition to the cheap rates, I've saved a ton of money with their Office Depot discount card. But this is really half-assed.

I just called them and they processed the payment. I have no idea if me logging into the site and adding a different card after 10/1 had any impact on the payment not being processed. But I had been told that the payment would be processed immediately once everything came back online.

Way too many E&O providers to put up with crap like this.

I have not used them in years (they dont cover group policies), but I certainly never will again after reading this thread.

You can get same day coverage (or even backdated) with plenty of E&O carriers. Why put up with this?? The policy is not even that comprehensive compared to others.... !!

Way too many E&O providers to put up with crap like this.

I have not used them in years (they dont cover group policies), but I certainly never will again after reading this thread.

You can get same day coverage (or even backdated) with plenty of E&O carriers. Why put up with this?? The policy is not even that comprehensive compared to others.... !!

I got backdated coverage from them several years ago. But after this experience, I'll definitely be looking at alternatives next time.

Most of the others I've seen are connected to a particular appointment, which doesn't strike me as a wise move. Who do you use/recommend?

Back